Repetitive syntax error

Specs: Macbook 10.4.x, 2 gb ram, (far above specs)

Current Install:

SOA, TOB, official TOB patch, Fixpack

Unfinished Business

G3 anniversary mod

Kelsey

Amber

Since installing the fixpack, with every install of a mod, I get this error:

[bG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] ERROR at line 26365 column 24-33

Near Text: ~SPPR502~

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [bG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

[bG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 26365 column 24-33

Near Text: ~SPPR502~

syntax error

It doesn't seem to affect installation (so far) and the game runs in tests (which admittedly is inside Chez Irenicus, and isn't the most reliable point to be testing)

It might want to be looked into. My logs are available.

This means that the Setup-Mod.exe programs (which are just WeiDU renamed) did not auto-update to version 199 (which the Fixpack uses). Most likely this stems from not having these mods unpacked in the BG2 folder when the Fixpack was installed.

It's safe to ignore this, but you can make the error message vanish by double clicking the Setup-bg2fixpack.exe program (and not doing anything else).

Most likely this stems from not having these mods unpacked in the BG2 folder when the Fixpack was installed.

He says he's got a Mac. Mac-WeiDU doesn't auto-update (the issue can be resolved by buying me a MacBook).

Ah, that's right.

In that case, if you want to repress the error message, you'll want to just replace the existing versions of WeiDU with the Fixpack's version (it really won't cause any problems though).

Fortunately, I'm wealthy as well as famous, so I'll have that MacBook for you presently.

Ah, that's right.

In that case, if you want to repress the error message, you'll want to just replace the existing versions of WeiDU with the Fixpack's version (it really won't cause any problems though).

Fortunately, I'm wealthy as well as famous, so I'll have that MacBook for you presently.

Thanks for the heads-up, and SHE has a Mac (which does happen to be a macbook, and I'll get right on getting one of those to each of you... oh, about sixteen thousand years from now.

That said... I'm not terribly happy with what I have; it's a year old, and the battery heat issue is causing the case to warp -- yes, warp!! -- and Apple has been less than helpful in the fixing the warp. Because, ya know, superhuman strength or something to bend and crack the case... So while I'm normally a big Mac booster, I warn off the Macbook.)

Archived