Trouble with Bottomless Bags

Guest Hogfather

Guest Hogfather

Hi There,

I have a no-ToB install of Baldur's Gate.

Had a bit of trouble getting the G3 fixes applied, had to do some detective work in here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=10234

The fix pack is now properly applied, and I have re-applied the bottomless bag mod to non avail.

The only thing I can think of is that the fix is not being applied to my existing bag - is this the case? Is there any way to have the fix applied to my current Bag?

I believe that once the item is picked up, its identity as bottomless or not bottomless is fixed. After that, applying the changes won't do anything. You could try buying a new container, or destroying the one you have and summoning it in again. I think that should work.

Guest Guest
I believe that once the item is picked up, its identity as bottomless or not bottomless is fixed. After that, applying the changes won't do anything. You could try buying a new container, or destroying the one you have and summoning it in again. I think that should work.

Ah hah!

Thanks Rob, I'll give it a go - that makes sense!

Guest Hogfather

Bugger - looks like I might be screwed.

In a brand new game, I can summon up a Bag of Holding that has unlimited storage, but in my current save game it is locked at 100 items no matter what I do.

Does the bag you summon into the existing game have the same item number as the one you previously had? You may have to summon one of the other bags that you haven't accessed yet (I think there's one for ToB you can use).

Archived