Do you know how many BG2 romances we have?

Kulyok

I got curious. Besides, I really wanted to figure out who is 'in the lead' now - which gender enjoys more attention.

14 romances for a male protagonist and 11 romances - for the female one. Yes, it makes 25, but since Sime, Imoen and Solaufein are easily available to both genders, there you go.

For males: Imoen, Solaufein, Sime*, Aerie, Amber, Fade, Jaheira, Kiara, Nalia, Nathaniel, Saerileth, Sheena, Tashia, Viconia

For females: Imoen, Solaufein, Sime, Anomen, Chloe, Edwin, Kelsey, Kivan, Tsujatha, Valygar, Xan

* I am not sure whether to count Sime, because Sime is not available as a separate NPC mod. But then again, you really don't want to know what I really think about this. ;)

And if we speak of traditional, 1 boy+1 girl, romances, it's 12 romances for boys and 8 - for girls.

For males: Imoen, Sime, Aerie, Amber, Fade, Jaheira, Kiara, Nalia, Saerileth, Sheena, Tashia, Viconia

For females: Solaufein, Anomen, Edwin, Kelsey, Kivan, Tsujatha, Valygar, Xan

... and boys win again**. Though 14:11 or 12:8 is much, much better than 3:1. ;)

** Yes, it is about quantity, not quality. But we showed 'em in Romantic Encounters, so there.

Now that I think of it, there're only fourteen romances listed at Crossmod Romance Conflicts - a little more than a half, really... We must think of something to lure the remaining authors there. An Iron Crossmodder?

Archived