Compatibility?

Guest (guest)

No, there shouldn't be any issues with Valen or Bruce. If you refer to HD attacking Amber at five flagons' playhouse, that issue (of the original game) can be solved by installing the BG2 fixpack. I think baldurdash will do the trick too, if you rather use that.

Thanks....I was a little concerned with the Crooked Crane, where Bruce has a quest and where Amber cannot have a certain romance interaction there after resting.

I am planning at least two Amber run throughs at this point; one of which with Fighter/Mage I'm running through BG1 now, that will be a romance.

Does TOB have the "fixpack" you describe? Or no? Would it be possible to clua Amber in to a TOB only game without causing crashes?

(guest)

Thanks....I was a little concerned with the Crooked Crane, where Bruce has a quest and where Amber cannot have a certain romance interaction there after resting.

The dialogue cannot happen in Crooked Crane because there's no beds there.

I am planning at least two Amber run throughs at this point; one of which with Fighter/Mage I'm running through BG1 now, that will be a romance.

Does TOB have the "fixpack" you describe? Or no? Would it be possible to clua Amber in to a TOB only game without causing crashes?

(guest)

The BG2 fixpack fixes ToB bugs too. Remember to install the official patch too. Amber should behave similarly to a another player created character in ToB. The combat AI should work, but that's it. She wont talk to the PC or other NPCs, neither she currently has any other special content for ToB.

Guest (guest)

*bashes head against wall*:)

So! New problem. Installing a fresh TOTSC disc. Only, it won't install. It says it is, it gets right up till the point where the game should launch, only it doesn't. When I try again I still get the install TOTSC screen. Sigh.

This is relevant for one and only one reason. If I only play BG1, the import my character, then use CLUA to boost his exp up to 161000 at the start of SOA since I can't get friggin TOTSC to work, will that count as a "stat boost" and invalidate the romance with Amber before it even starts?

Guest EarthquakeDamage
*bashes head against wall*:)

So! New problem. Installing a fresh TOTSC disc. Only, it won't install. It says it is, it gets right up till the point where the game should launch, only it doesn't. When I try again I still get the install TOTSC screen. Sigh.

This is relevant for one and only one reason. If I only play BG1, the import my character, then use CLUA to boost his exp up to 161000 at the start of SOA since I can't get friggin TOTSC to work, will that count as a "stat boost" and invalidate the romance with Amber before it even starts?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to script a check for such a thing. I don't think you can even script a check for attribute modifications. I suspect the Amber mod scans the player to make sure no known stat boosting gear is equipped. It may even scan all ITM files during installation to include all mod items that modify those attributes.

Regardless, an experience boost shouldn't do a damned thing.

Amber doesn't check for items that boost stats. (Nor we check for items / effects that temporally lower stats.) The mod merely checks that the PC's intelligence and charisma are both 12 or higher (and that the PC is a male). The thing is that the stats are checked before Amber joins the party, so if you install Amber, load/start a game and then change the stats, you're late.

The amount of experience your PC has affects only Amber's starting level. Storywise it doesn't matter.

EDIT: Oh, and I should probably add that the stats aren't constantly monitored. You don't need to get jumpy about mindflayers.

Archived