Daevaron Fight

Guest Icanus

hi there

i'm just playing scss-modded bgt the first time and really like it, really refreshes the baldurs gate experience.

I just finished the Cloakwood and noticed a few things, which i think are a bit unballanced:

1) With upgraded spiders installed (spiders casting net-spells) the battle against the spider-queen in my opinion is almost tooo hard if you forgot to bring your portions of freedom. It took me 10 reloads or so, until Imoen was so lucky to sleepcharm all net-casting spiders at once, before they managed to cast their web-spells.

2) I don't know if this is a bug or not, but compared to the other mages the battle vs daevaron in the cloakwood mines was almost dissapointing easy in my game. He wasn't even prepared with defensive-spells like the other upgraded mages (i have installed the clever-mages component and all the upgraded chapter-endfights), he lay dead on the ground after a few seconds. In fact he was even weaker than in unmodded bg, where he is prepared with protections against missiles.

Is this meant to be that way or does the relevant component maybe not work properly?

Unfortunatly i have in some way managed to erase the contents of my weidu-log, because of having closed one of the setup programms incorrectly i guess.

These are both bugs. The Davaeorn bug is a known problem with SCSv8, it'll be fixed in the next release (due over Christmas). The spider bug I hadn't known about (they're supposed not to use their webcasting in that area) - it's specific to BGT and again I'll put it down for fixing.

Thanks!

so it's a known bug, good to know. Looking forward to the next version.

i have installed the better calls for help component from the bgt-version of scs, the rest i installed from scs v7, as i read somwhere otherwise it might not work properly on bgt, but i guess this doesn't have anything to do with the spider-bug.

so it's a known bug, good to know. Looking forward to the next version.

i have installed the better calls for help component from the bgt-version of scs, the rest i installed from scs v7, as i read somwhere otherwise it might not work properly on bgt, but i guess this doesn't have anything to do with the spider-bug.

No, it doesn't, I know what's causing the spider bug.

Archived