Problems with PST, 2CD version

Guest anahata

Guest onescrewloose
Only if you're a woman with big breasts and aged min(16, local age of consent) <= age <= 25 :devil:

If you got the money I got the surgeon. :)

Guest onescrewloose

I am having a couple small issues.

#1, it's asking for the CD now, even though the ini file point to the rip on the hard drive. Is this because of the mod?

#2, it's slow to scroll and stutters a bit. I was wondering if this is because it's trying to look for stuff on the CD or if it's because of one other thing...I am running this on a house computer with a real shitty graphics card (nForce 1 integrated GeForce 2 MX 32mb)...could it be possible that 1024x768 is too much for it?

Thanks.

#1, it's asking for the CD now, even though the ini file point to the rip on the hard drive. Is this because of the mod?

It shouldn't matter. Unless I somehow erased a no-cd crack, or something (possible but freakingly unbeliavable). Does it still ask for them if you uninstall WSM?

#2, it's slow to scroll and stutters a bit. I was wondering if this is because it's trying to look for stuff on the CD or if it's because of one other thing...I am running this on a house computer with a real shitty graphics card (nForce 1 integrated GeForce 2 MX 32mb)...could it be possible that 1024x768 is too much for it?

I don't know if it's the graphics chip - PST requires a 4MB card, and the transition from 640x480 to 1024x768 is 2.5x times the pixels, so that'd tally up to 10 MB at least. If the code is not well optimized, it's possible that it breaks the 32MB limit. Did you take a look at the linked NVidia thread?

Guest onescrewloose

Ok, so I uninstalled it and it's still looking for the disc. Here's my INI:

HD0:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\

CD1:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisc\

CD2:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisc\CD2\

CD3:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisc\CD2\

CD4:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisc\CD2\

I'm assuming I did something wrong...

Guest onescrewloose

Ok, I just ran the game again this time took the CD out after it checked for it at startup. It seems to only check for it at startup, but I hadn't left the mortuary yet so I'm not sure. Is it supposed to ask for the disc on startup even with the full install? I checked all the full install guides and there was no mention of it.

I need a little help with the AR0100.bif file from the second cd. it is the one file on all my cds that i can not access to copy. Would someone be willing to send it to me so i can play this game. Haven't played it in years and would hate to have to go buy this game again for one friggin file. if anyone can give me a hand i would appriciate this greatly. you may email me at kevsand76@yahoo.com or IM me on Ymess or Aim by the same name. any reply would be great. my thanks

kevin

Guest onescrewloose
I need a little help with the AR0100.bif file from the second cd. it is the one file on all my cds that i can not access to copy. Would someone be willing to send it to me so i can play this game. Haven't played it in years and would hate to have to go buy this game again for one friggin file. if anyone can give me a hand i would appriciate this greatly. you may email me at kevsand76@yahoo.com or IM me on Ymess or Aim by the same name. any reply would be great. my thanks

kevin

Does it install? Then it should be able to be accessed.

I reduced my resolution to 800x600, and it still stutters when I scroll. I even reduced CacheSize in torment.ini to 1 as one of the full-install guides told me to do in order to improve game speed. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.

It doesn't install hence the reason i was trying to do a copy and no cd install to see what the problem is. It is only that one file that is giving me problems, or at least i think it is seeing as that is the only one that will not copy off any of my discs. I narrowed it down by doing one file at a time. it locks my comp until i eject the cd. or with my full game install it locks up when i access that portion of the map that it points too. still hoping there is someone that will send me that little file so i can test my theory. Any one game to give a hand? it has to be that one file from the cd. the other ar0100.bif files are not the same. already tried.

And as for your problem try this instead of the regular full install and copy:

# Install the game - Full Installation.

# Apply the official Planescape Torment v1.1 FULL Update.

# Copy the full contents of CD#2, CD#3 & CD#4 to the <GameDir>\CACHE directory.

# Modify the <GameDir>\TORMENT.INI file:

* Change the "CD1:=" path to: "<GameDir>\CACHE"

* Change the "CD2:=" path to: "<GameDir>\CACHE"

* Change the "CD3:=" path to: "<GameDir>\CACHE"

* Change the "CD4:=" path to: "<GameDir>\CACHE"

* Change the "CD5:=" path to: "<GameDir>\CACHE"

* The Cache Size should be set to 2000.

that should work if not, then set compatability to win98/me and check the visual theme button.

Doesn't work here, this is the error:

ERROR: BIFF [./AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./AR01

00.BIF")

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [AR0100.WED] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

now, I've noticed that there is no file of this sort. there is however an ar0100.cbf as you say (i assume that's a compressed bif)

I've tried copying files to the cache directory, a full install etc; no dice. right now mucking about with winbiff to see if i can just recreate the file.

eh, that doesn't seem to work, the bif won't uncompress "error opening out file for decompression!" and I can't extract its contents, the program either does nothing or hangs :)

wish i hadn't lost my original 4cd copy.

Archived