Introduce Your...self?

Sister Vigilante

oops I should probably be saying--minor spoilers

That's good to know. I've often completed Twisted Rune and Kangaxx before Chapter 4 (Kangaxx can be tricky if you don't have Keldorn and Carsomyr, mind you, as you need a +4 weapon to hit him, and there aren't too many of these around in Chapter 2/3 - so sometimes he's left until after).

So yes, it may well be doable, but I'd still rate it tougher than either of those fights based on what I've seen so far. Who knew foxes could be so mean? :crazyeyes: )

Might be tempted to leave until Chapter 6 if the katana man is prepared to wait around that long.

Wow. Is Sawara really tougher than Twisted Rune?

*hmm* Maybe if I can get him outfitted with a new rig, after all, the fight will end up being more balanced; but still hopefully challenging.

I was kind of hoping to add an encounter that the player had the serious option of avoiding--but really, I bet most people go for it. If not for RP reasons, because there's various bonuses (not just the sword) for fighting and winning: otherwise the quest doesn't continue.

I think that if you took out the bounty hunters, and the fight with Sawara were actually unwinnable (or he just took the sword or something), Angelo would have about as much quest content as any other NPC. I guess I had that in mind, too.

Incidentally, Dakkon's Zerth Blade is perfect for Angelo - +1 to AC, and extra spells - up until the point he starts meeting monsters that need more than +2 to hit. (By that point, though, he should be levelled up enough to be for more effective flinging spells).

I always give Angelo Dakkon Zerth's blade as well.

Honestly, I always gave him the Zerth blade too. It was the first big-ticket item I bought, all the times I playtested him.

I've said I'll do a review of the mod over at Sorcerer's Place once I'm finished with it - I'm a former PC games journalist (and reviewed BG and BG2 for my magazine back in the day) so I know my onions. :groucho: I'll let you know when that happens, of course.

Ooh! I look forward to it. Thank you :blush:

Guest Guest

The one time I fought Sawara, it was after the Underdark and Bhodi, but before the Rune and Mind Flayer "Hidden" areas. Only "big" quest left was Haer'Dalis, before heading to Suldanessalar. And he still pwned me. Mind you, I'm the sort of casual game schlub who always plays on the easiest setting and wouldn't touch Ascension with a 20 foot pole.

And I also gave him Zerth's blade in that game.

-Anonymous-

Guest Sophia

I do find Keldorn to be extremely handy in the Sawara fight. :crazyeyes: One cast of his innate double-strength Dispel Magic and Sawara is essentially defenceless; hit away at him and he goes down after a few seconds. I have Jan cast Haste on the party after Keldorn has cast his Dispel, as Hayate and the foxes can cause a lot of damage if not brought down fairly quickly. This is all in Chapter 2. I think the difficulty of the fight is just right, in keeping with the other end-of-quest fights, and hard enough to justify the weapons picked up afterwards.

Guest DeepO

First time I played with Angelo I had Jaheira in group and second time I played cleric/ranger protagonist.

Spoilers....

...so I had access to Insect Plague which solved whole Sawara extravaganza rather elegantly at the end of chapter 2.

Archived