Non-english versions ?

Nikojiro

Hi,

I tried to install the widescreen mod on a french version of BG2 : SoA, but apparently the mod does not support this version. I don't clearly understand why ... what is patched, is it because of some checksum? Notice that I had previously installed the official patch 23037 (european version) and the fixpack downloaded from here.

Anyways will the mod support non-english versions in the future, and is there some kind of workaround to have this version installed on my french version?

Cheers from Paris!

I tried to install the widescreen mod on a french version of BG2 : SoA, but apparently the mod does not support this version. I don't clearly understand why ... what is patched, is it because of some checksum? Notice that I had previously installed the official patch 23037 (european version) and the fixpack downloaded from here.

Anyways will the mod support non-english versions in the future, and is there some kind of workaround to have this version installed on my french version?

I don't know about Shadows of Amn alone, but on a SoA (French) + ToB (French) + Patch 26498 installation, the Widescreen mod works perfectly.

If so, it means that the French version of SoA is different from the English one. Since it takes four hours of work to properly patch a new version (not counting the fact that testing would require me to downgrade to SoA) and that the BG1+TotSC+SoA+ToB collection costs 20 Eu, my strong suggestion is that you upgrade to ToB :)

If so, it means that the French version of SoA is different from the English one. Since it takes four hours of work to properly patch a new version (not counting the fact that testing would require me to downgrade to SoA) and that the BG1+TotSC+SoA+ToB collection costs 20 Eu, my strong suggestion is that you upgrade to ToB :)

Ok, thanks for your answers guys. I picked the Baldur's Gate Compilation yesterday, including BG1 + ToSC + BG2 + ToB, all that for 10 bucks it would be a shame to miss it :D. I'll install this as soon as I can, and retry with the mod.

Have a nice weekend !

Ok, everything worked, really nice job. I have finally installed BGT rather than directly playing BG1, that's really nice. Hadn't played this is 8+ years, I really love it!

I've seen a really cheap compilation for Icewind Dale series too, probably going to pick it up. Anyone heard of a mod like BG1Tutu or BGT for IW?

Cheers,

Archived