New with an idea

Guest Ayrin Greenflag

Guest Ayrin Greenflag

Hi all, i'm new on this forum, i've builded an isometric mmorpg in php code called World of Kallen (still in development).

It's a static rpg and i planned to convert it into a rt rpg by long time till i've found GemRB, i'm still studing this system but it seems good for reach my goal.

Someone want help me in this?

write me if interested or replay here

I can try also to help (with my little knowledge) in development of system.

May the bless of Riannon be with you.

Ayrin Greenflag

ayrin.g@lostinn.com

Guest Guest
GemRB doesn't have any network code in it.

And right now we don't have any idea how to implement it.

And so I :D

Even if it is implemented, the IE engine (and GemRB) was never built with MMORPG's in mind.

mmm maybe in my mind things are a bit confused but i remember that bg game serie had a lan option...i thought (and maybe i'm wrong) it could be used for a mysql archive of player position.

Now u can tell me i'm a mad :) lol

Ayrin Greenflag

Guest Ayrin Greenflag

I see the main problem, so for the moment i leave the mmorpg idea, now let see if the GemRB is customizable for work with my world, why my audio don't work in bg1? i have some errors when GemRB start ....plug-in errors etc...where i fault?

thx

Ayrin Greenflag

Guest Ayrin Greenflag

ok this post will be a little boring...

I've some problem with OpenAL..i remember i've already installed it...maybe for Glest...but i've installed it again..then i've get the files u put at the end of Howto topic in this forum...where i have to put that files?

How can i see if it compile the OpenAL audio plugin?

I know i'm bothering u but if i understand how this program work i can help the development

...oh yes one more thing...i've seen somewhere in this forum (can't remember where) that it's possible to change graphic wich program i need?

Thx to every1 that will replay

Ayrin Greenflag

Which compiler are you using?

I assume you use windows.

With msvc it is usually obvious when a project isn't compiling.

To change content art, you gotta learn IE modding.

IESDP (link to it is at the top of this site homepage) is a good source.

Area graphics is somewhat complex.

You will start with a bmp image, convert it to tileset (.tis).

Then start an .are file, with its associated .wed file. And add the tileset to the primary overlay of that .wed file. (This is probably sounding chinese without knowing the formats).

IETME was an old area editor which doesn't need much knowledge of the formats, but it is heavily bugged and not supported any more.

DLTCEP is less buggy, still supported (by me) but requires much more knowledge of the formats (see IESDP again).

Guest Ayrin Greenflag

You assume well, i've follow the instructions in howto topic on this forum...

i give u some detail around the errors

Null sound driver is loaded before OpenAl dirver and it say duplicate plugin - skipping

libpng3.dll checking plugin version error - invalid plugin

sdl.dll...as before

zlib1.dll as before

projectl.ids error

rndequip.2da error

wmaplay.2da not found

itemdial.2da error

i hope all this errors born from first but not sure of that

i will check for graphics programs :) thx

Ayrin

Try to delete the nullsound.dll

You'll have more problem with the missing sdl.dll, zlib.dll and libpng3.dll.

You will definitely need the first 2, the third shouldn't be a requirement.

The missing 2da and ids files are not important, that is utterly normal for bg1.

Null sound driver is loaded before OpenAl dirver and it say duplicate plugin - skipping

libpng3.dll checking plugin version error - invalid plugin

sdl.dll...as before

zlib1.dll as before

This sounds like these files are in the "plugins" directory, whereas it should be in the same directory as the gemrb executable (or in c:\windows\system32 as you prefer)

Guest Ayrin Greenflag

...hello again and thx, i've removed that dll from plugins and errors gone, also solved the nullsound trouble, the last 3 errors always there but seems they are ineffective on game.

Now i have to study the graphic programs, but i'd like to know if every part of game is customizable... on what arre u working around? how can i modify/study the code? And the most important question..at the end is it possible to compile into an executable?

:) a lot of stuipd questions i know :D

Ayrin Greenflag

I don't really understand all your questions so i try to answer all possible scenarios.

The game is already 'executable' if you ran it.

If you meant a single .exe, games of this size (4G with all data) will never be a single .exe.

You can, of course, create an installer which could be less fragmented.

And you can pack the files in gemrb's override into a .bif too. (this is advanced class, however).

If you meant, that you want to study the source and compile it, then yeah, that is possible too. The source code is on sourceforge (some makefiles for different compilers are also included). To download the development version (recommended), you will need a subversion (svn) client.

Archived