Spellswap component affecting mod content

Guest MoonElf

Guest MoonElf

Hi,

I've noticed that your spellswap component of the mage improvements is affecting mod content. In particular I have noticed that it affects the enemies added in ascension, while this on its own is a minimal problem, if you do not also install the SCSII style ai for ascension, then many of the mages will end up with spells they are not scripted to use, and will lose ones that they were intended to have. I noticed this particuarly with irenicus but i assume it has affected other creatures.

Hi,

I've noticed that your spellswap component of the mage improvements is affecting mod content. In particular I have noticed that it affects the enemies added in ascension, while this on its own is a minimal problem, if you do not also install the SCSII style ai for ascension, then many of the mages will end up with spells they are not scripted to use, and will lose ones that they were intended to have. I noticed this particuarly with irenicus but i assume it has affected other creatures.

In general, it's cleverer than you might think... it only modifies spell lists for mages/priests whose scripts are also modified. (In fact, the way it works is: start with a list of scripts which are going to be modified, then go through and change the spells of all creatures who use those scripts.) So I don't think this will lead to any problems (but tell me if I'm missing something).

Irenicus, however, is a bug: thanks for bringing it to my attention. He's meant to be insulated from SCSII changes, but the code is glitched. Fixed locally.

Archived