Amber Multiromance

Guest Sesam

Guest Sesam

Hello!

First of all, you did an fantastic job on Amber, I really would not mind her being a non-Bioware npc :thumbsup:

I have read everything, but I really really really want to romance Amber, Viconia and Jaheira at the same time.

And I can not play a multiplayer game because I want to add Sola and Sarevok, thus there will be no free space.

Ok, here is a short description of what´s going on so far.

I have installed the multiromance-mod and some others, but I think none of these will affect anything concerning Amber.

After a particularly event Amber´s romanceactive increased to 2, while the other´s are still at 1.

I went on and killed the harpners and for some weird reason Amber´s romanceactive turned to 3 right after the fight.

I used shadowkeeper and decreased it back to 2, but nothing happened. I still could not flirt with her anymore.

Then I tried romanceactive 1 and everything worked fine again.

I went on and Viconia´s romanceactive turned to 2, which caused Amber´s to turn to 3 again.

But then nothing helped anymore. I changed the romanceactive of Amber to 1 and 2, but again I was still unable to flirt with her.

Tough I can set Viconia´s romanceactive back to 1 and can flirt with Amber again, but this will cause Viconia to not talk to me anymore (says "go away..." and so on).

What I think I could do is to play Amber´s romance to the end and then "reactivate" Viconia, but before I do that, I would rather ask I there is really nothing else I could do.

Thanks for your help!

Guest Samoht

OK. I must warn you that there may be unintended consequences. This will take some time, but if you're willing, follow these instructions:

First, go to your main BGII directory, and open the amber folder inside. Inside are several smaller folders, the ones you are concerned with is the dialoges folder. Inside are about 6 files. Open the file titled m#amber with a text editor like Notepad. It should have a find tool, which you can use to search for "Jaheira" and "Viconia"

Every place the line reads: "JaheiraRomanceActive" or "ViconiaRomanceActive" change that bit of code. I recommend just deleting a letter. For example, "JaheiraRomanceActive" would become "JaheirRomanceActive." Make certain to do this for EVERY line that says (Jaheira/Viconia)RomanceActive. Once you have, close the file and save the changes. To be safe, check the four other files in this folder for (Jaheira/Viconia)RomanceActive and perform any needed tweeks.

Once all this has been done, then go back to the main BGII directory and reinstall the amber mod. You must reinstall for the changes to take place. This should allow the muliple romances, because the game will be checking for the wrong variables.

Two endnotes: First, there are no gaurantees this will work, although I think it will, because I have done it myself, although for a different romance. Second, you may have to start a new game, although I doubt it because you can set the variables yourself.

Guest Guest
OK. I must warn you that there may be unintended consequences. This will take some time, but if you're willing, follow these instructions:

First, go to your main BGII directory, and open the amber folder inside. Inside are several smaller folders, the ones you are concerned with is the dialoges folder. Inside are about 6 files. Open the file titled m#amber with a text editor like Notepad. It should have a find tool, which you can use to search for "Jaheira" and "Viconia"

Every place the line reads: "JaheiraRomanceActive" or "ViconiaRomanceActive" change that bit of code. I recommend just deleting a letter. For example, "JaheiraRomanceActive" would become "JaheirRomanceActive." Make certain to do this for EVERY line that says (Jaheira/Viconia)RomanceActive. Once you have, close the file and save the changes. To be safe, check the four other files in this folder for (Jaheira/Viconia)RomanceActive and perform any needed tweeks.

Once all this has been done, then go back to the main BGII directory and reinstall the amber mod. You must reinstall for the changes to take place. This should allow the muliple romances, because the game will be checking for the wrong variables.

Two endnotes: First, there are no gaurantees this will work, although I think it will, because I have done it myself, although for a different romance. Second, you may have to start a new game, although I doubt it because you can set the variables yourself.

Thanks!

There is one question I still have: I am forced to uninstall the amber mod before I can reinstall it.

Won´t this erase my effort? And will the reinstall not harm any of my progress during the romance with Amber?

It is really weird, after I slept with her there is nothing I can do. After some time in the game her romanceactive changes from 2 to 3 even when I am doing absolutely nothing.

Am I not supposed to sleep with her or what is going on!?

It is really weird, after I slept with her there is nothing I can do. After some time in the game her romanceactive changes from 2 to 3 even when I am doing absolutely nothing.

You're probably not doing anything 'wrong', save from romancing Vic and Jaheira at the same time with Amber. That will cause Amber's romance active to be set to 3, even if you attempt to set it back to active.

Removing conditions from dialogue files can cause stutter (character trying to initiate dialogue over and over again without success) and invalid dialogue paths. You're far better off if you learn how to edit scripts, though that too can lead to unexpected results.

Guest Samoht
Thanks!

There is one question I still have: I am forced to uninstall the amber mod before I can reinstall it.

Won´t this erase my effort? And will the reinstall not harm any of my progress during the romance with Amber?

Three things:

1-If you want to thank me, then be careful. Keep any tweeks to a minimum and keep a "clean" copy of your main BGII folder as a backup, in case something goes wrong. Saved my hide a couple times

2-I spent weeks prepearing to alter Amber's script, looking at the code and examining files to ensure that nothing was missed when I finally edited the code. This leads to number three...

3-I have earned my nomination for Idiot-of-the-Year Award today. This is because I literally forgot half the process. To complete your script editing, follow these steps:

-Make certain you have a backup

-go to your BGII main directory, go to the amber folder, and inside open the "scripts" folder

-open the file m#amber and alter all the "(Jaheira/Viconia)RomanceActive" as done in the dialogs folder. The m#amber files in dialogs and scripts should be the only two files that need to be altered because they are the only two that mention nonBioware npc romances, a giveaway

-once again (sorry), you need to reinstall the amber mod. This should have no effects on the ingame progress

Once again, they may be, or not, extra consequences from this script editing

Archived