Ogre Mage loot

Guest The Potty 1

Guest The Potty 1

OK in fairness I can't really pin this on SCS2, but maybe have a quick look at what you do to ogre mages, because I just got ambushed by 5 of them leaving Ankathla for Windspear, and the loot was excessive. I was ambushed first by 3 rakashas in a city random encounter area, and left that area to be ambushed again by the ogres in the wilderness random encounter area.

FYI the drop was 4 level 8 spells, 4 level 7 spells, 3 level 6 spells, 4 green protection from * spells, 5 Laeral's Tear Necklaces, and a brace of other gems.

I *could* dump them, but lack the will power :suspect:

OK in fairness I can't really pin this on SCS2, but maybe have a quick look at what you do to ogre mages, because I just got ambushed by 5 of them leaving Ankathla for Windspear, and the loot was excessive. I was ambushed first by 3 rakashas in a city random encounter area, and left that area to be ambushed again by the ogres in the wilderness random encounter area.

FYI the drop was 4 level 8 spells, 4 level 7 spells, 3 level 6 spells, 4 green protection from * spells, 5 Laeral's Tear Necklaces, and a brace of other gems.

Wow.

SCS II shouldn't ever dump 5 ogre mages on you - the most it offers is 2 ogre mages, 6 ordinary ogres. I don't touch the amount of treasure that vanilla ogre mages have (but perhaps I should).

What else have you got installed? (And were the Rakshasas after the flail of ages?)

Wow.

SCS II shouldn't ever dump 5 ogre mages on you - the most it offers is 2 ogre mages, 6 ordinary ogres. I don't touch the amount of treasure that vanilla ogre mages have (but perhaps I should).

What else have you got installed? (And were the Rakshasas after the flail of ages?)

I've come across this too, but (to the best of my recollection) when SCS-II was NOT installed.

I think it may be a tactics thing.

Guest Splunge
I think it may be a tactics thing.

It could be "Kensai Ryu's Random Wilderness Encounters" from Tactics; I have it installed in my game, and yes - there are more than 2 Ogre mages in a group. Loot was pretty good, but not as good as The Potty got. :suspect:

Guest Guest

OK thanks, I do have quest pack installed.

Mods are:

BG2 Fixpack v5

Ascension v1.4.23

Fade v3

Kitanya v6.2.2

Oversight v12

Dungeon be gone v1.6

Useful Familiars v1

Unfinished business v16

Banterpack v7

Spell 50 v6

Quest pack v2.3