Protection from Normal Missiles

Guest Guest_Freelance Cynic_*

Guest Guest_Freelance Cynic_*

Is it still modified as per SCS 1 to protect from magical missiles? I would guess so, but there's no mention of it anywhere...

Is it still modified as per SCS 1 to protect from magical missiles? I would guess so, but there's no mention of it anywhere...

No, it isn't - I reckon the much better range of defensive spells in BG2 makes it unnecessary.

Well this is incredible...I didn't know you have done this tweak for SCS, and I've done the same thing for the upcoming Spell Revisions (renaming the spell Protection from Missiles).

I swear I haven't copied you but I've pratically implemented all your spell tweaks! :suspect:

- Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility (partially, Spellstrike only)

- Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (I've been more radical, iron skin has become stoneskin)

- Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp (I allow a save)

- Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6 (I've made it 1d4/level up to 20d4 which is quite similar)

- Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons

- Make Power Word: Blind a single-target spell

And now this...

Anyway, if you wish to make this tweak for SCS II too I think it's far from unnecessary. Protection from Normal Missile is quite useless in BG2 imo, while the improved version you did for SCS would make it a spell woth using sometimes. As it is now I highly doubt that anyone is using this spell precisely because other spells are much more useful in BG2. Just my two cents.

It's pretty useless on its own, granted... combined with Protection from Magic Weapons, on the other hand, it has some value. SCSII mages do this a lot - it means the only attack that works is nonmagical melee, which (a) concentrates enemies, and (b) exposes them to Fire Shields and Blade Barriers.

Archived