Dialog Patching Problem

erebusant

This one I just don't understand. I'm trying to patch a dialog using REPLACE_SAY; I've already patched 4 other dialogs this patch the same way with no problems, however, when I patch BHBANDT3.DLG the file patches OK with no errors, and when I look at it after patching with NI All the text and strings are where they are supposed to be, but when I play the encounter in game, instead of having the ".CRE title" - "dialog the cre says" in the dialog box, I get "another dialog string" - "the dialog the cre says" in the dialog box. The code I am using is as follows:

REPLACE_SAY BHWELCAR 0 @0
REPLACE_SAY BHRGUARD 0 @1
REPLACE_SAY BHFABIO 4 @2
REPLACE_SAY BHALMAX 13 @3
REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER BHVOICE 6 ~GlobalLT("BHRestenfordEnemies","Global",2)~ 
ALTER_TRANS BHVOICE BEGIN 2 END BEGIN 0 1 END BEGIN ~EPILOGUE~ ~EXIT~ END
ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BHVOICE 0 ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~
ALTER_TRANS BHVOLCFR BEGIN 7 END BEGIN 1 END BEGIN ~TRIGGER~ ~!Dead("BHTELV")~ END
ALTER_TRANS BHBANDT3 BEGIN 1 END BEGIN 0 END BEGIN ~ACTION~ ~~ END
ALTER_TRANS BHBANDT3 BEGIN 1 END BEGIN 0 END BEGIN ~EPILOGUE~ ~GOTO 5~ END
ALTER_TRANS BHBANDT3 BEGIN 2 END BEGIN 0 END BEGIN ~TRIGGER~ ~Global("BHOrcBanditsDone","Global",1)~ END
ALTER_TRANS BHBANDT3 BEGIN 2 END BEGIN 1 END BEGIN ~TRIGGER~ ~GlobalLT("BHOrcBanditsDone","Global",1)~ END
REPLACE_SAY BHBANDT3 1 @4
REPLACE_SAY BHBANDT3 4 @5

Found the problem. For some reason with this particular dialog, after making the change, I needed to re-enter the area where the .cre was created in order for the dialog to appear properly. Funny, though, that's the 1st time I ran into that problem. All the rest of the dialogs have worked just fine whether the cre was generated previously or not.

Archived