dual/multi class with removed xp cap

Guest Jobahlie

Guest Jobahlie

I've installed the BG2 Tweak Pack. How is multi/dual classing effected by removing the xp cap? What level could I reach for multi/dual class?

Guest EarthquakeDamage
I've installed the BG2 Tweak Pack. How is multi/dual classing effected by removing the xp cap? What level could I reach for multi/dual class?

Removing the XP cap means... there is no XP cap. You can gain as much XP as you like (well, there is still a technical limitation but you should never hit it), but there is still a level cap. So, a single-class character can reach level 40. A dual-class character can reach level 40 in both classes (though anyone with half a brain will not surpass 39 in their first class -- anyone with a full brain won't surpass 20 or so). A multi-class character can reach level 40 in all their classes. In short, dual- and multi-class characters gain a lot of power if you're willing to grind your way past 8M XP.

Guest Sander

I've been wondering the same thing. You see, I'm playing a fighter/druid and worry the xp-cap is going to kick in before he reaches lvl 20 since almost all 6 characters I play with are multi or dual-classed. Should I install an xp-cap remover and if so, which one?

Kind regards,

Sander

I've been wondering the same thing. You see, I'm playing a fighter/druid and worry the xp-cap is going to kick in before he reaches lvl 20 since almost all 6 characters I play with are multi or dual-classed. Should I install an xp-cap remover and if so, which one?

Assuming your Fighter/Druid is multi-clssed, you shoud be able to reach F(24)/D(21) before hitting the cap.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but that fact that your other characters are multi or dual doesn't really have anything to do with your F/D not being able to get to druid level 21 before the cap kicks in. Of greater concern is whether you will be able to reach the cap with a full party. In a game without mods that give extra XP, and assuming you do most of the side quests, you'll probably finish TOB with around 6.5 million XP for each of your six party members, meaining your F/D will end up at around F(21)/D(17). An XP cap remover won't change that. You'd need to either go with a smaller party or add mods that contain extra XP.

Archived