Baldur's Gate saga versus Vista

Guest -Anonymous-

Guest -Anonymous-

Hey. Been playing Angelo and Amber, love them both.

But alas, the computer I'm on is dying slow but sure. I'll probably never even get Angelo to TOB on this rig. So the time has come for a new computer.

Now, I'm gonna need this new computer for more than just BG, certain other systems also apply (COH/V, word processing, internet, etc etc etc). And with them dropping XP like a hot rock, I'm gonna have to get Vista, like it or not. (Odds are, not.)

Question is, how much of a horror story is Vista for BG? Is it impossible? Should I throw out my BG discs now? Is someone working on a compatability patch/mod?

Help? :crazyeyes:

I use BG1, BG2, and a large list of other very old games, and run Vista. Before SP1 there were a few games that you needed to tweak to get to work, but now Vista has better backwards compatibility than XP.

Just be sure to disable User Account Control before installing mods. Or, install somewhere other than program files.

I haven't had any problems whatsoever running any IE games on Vista. I currently have BG1 (Tutu), BG2 and IWD installed and running smoothly. As stated above, disabling UAC will greatly help. I disabled this anyway because it kept pestering me every time I opened a folder.

Archived