Split from ´Common Problems´

Guest Suislide

Guest Suislide
Cutscenes in IWD2 are kept to the left, while the right has an overlay with artifacts. This is fixed in V2.

Yeah I am currently experiencing this, just leads me to question of when will this version 2 be released? I mean its not a major problem but it can kind of take you out of the gameplay.

If you want to fix this issue and know how to use an hex editor, check here (if you don't, a good-as-any freeware hex editor can be found here).

If you just wish to bitch about more predictible ETAs, kindly check your assumptions - you aren't paying me or aren't otherwise entitled to any kind of speedy update.

Guest Guest
...PST require a new save game.

I understand it correctly? The old saves do not work?

An additional problem in PST and TotSC is that, due to a complex area enlargment system under the hood, on smaller areas (mostly the "Ambush" ones) the East and South "travel to Worldmap" triggers do not work. If this makes it impossible to leave any area, contact me detailing the resolution you're running and the area that gives you troubles.

On the PST version, if the mod is installed you cannot [R]einstall it. You'll have to ninstall it, rerun setup-widescreen.exe and nstall it. I'm sorry for the problem, this will be fixed in 1.1.

Hallo the bigg,

I played the PsT without your mode till "Dead Nations" location. After that I have installed the widescreen mode 1.1 and it was great... but I have the problem with small locations. If I came back to the Farods willage I can't enter to Quins shop or any "small" location in this willage. I tried to Unistall the widesceenmod-->it works without the mod. I tried to less the resolution to 800x600--> its work. But any resolution greater then 800x600 made me the problem with "small" locations. Can you help me? I tried all steps without full installation and then WITH full install. The result is the same. If you need I can send you my save-file.

The resolutions that i tried:

800x600 - work

1027x768 - do not work in small locations

1280x800 - do not work in small locations

1280x1024 - do not work in small locations

1440x900 - do not work in small locations

I played the PsT without your mode till "Dead Nations" location. After that I have installed the widescreen mode 1.1 and it was great... but I have the problem with small locations. If I came back to the Farods willage I can't enter to Quins shop or any "small" location in this willage. I tried to Unistall the widesceenmod-->it works without the mod. I tried to less the resolution to 800x600--> its work. But any resolution greater then 800x600 made me the problem with "small" locations. Can you help me? I tried all steps without full installation and then WITH full install. The result is the same. If you need I can send you my save-file.

Qwinn's is the Curio shop, right? On plain PST + WSM (1680x1050) it works correctly, whereas I already received reports that, with some mods installed, the Curio shop doesn't work. Which ones of these do you have?

- Platter's Torment Fix Pack 1.37 + the little successive beta

- Cilantro's Restoration Pack

- G3 Tweaks: only Stackable Items, and Identify All Items

- Platter's Candlestick Quest Fix

Guest Guest

Hi,

I have noone from this mods :crazyeyes: Only the offitial patch v1.1 and your widescreen mode.

Actually I have the russian localisation pack installed(only translation), but I really dont think that this one change something except for translation... Is it correct? Unfortunatelly I can't try the untranslated version, because I dont have the originally dialog.tlk

You wrote that the save file "remember" the resolution of location and this was the problem for widescreen 0.8. Is this problem already solved?

This is the link to my save file. Please try if this one works at yours PsT.

the Autosave is bevore entrance and the 3-3 is In location with 800x600 resolution

http://rapidshare.de/files/39301637/save.zip.html

Actually I have the russian localisation pack installed(only translation), but I really dont think that this one change something except for translation... Is it correct? Unfortunatelly I can't try the untranslated version, because I dont have the originally dialog.tlk

It really shouldn't matter.

You wrote that the save file "remember" the resolution of location and this was the problem for widescreen 0.8. Is this problem already solved?

It's not solvable.

In other news, I can reproduce the crash.

Guest Guest
It's not solvable.

In other news, I can reproduce the crash.

I haven't understood. You can reproduce the crash and you will try to solve it

or

it's unsolvable? (The crash problem-not the resolution-saving :crazyeyes:)

Guest Guest

Many thanks. I hope it will work. If not...than I have the "stupid" solution :crazyeyes: ( Uninstall widescreen-->enter location-->exit location-->install widescreen and play until next saved small location :groucho:)

Guest Dean

I'm having trouble running the mod with BG:SOA. I've got the game installed, latest english patch as well. Whenever I install the MOD (with fullscreen desktop res set to 1280x800) and run the game I'm told that I'm running the game for the first time and need to config it. Which forces me to set my res to 800x600, and run a DX test. Is there a way to stop config from running and trashing the MOD?

Archived