Some Amber feedback

Guest Morken

Some Amber feedback :

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...amp;#entry84101

Full run thru, TOB.

Hey, it's nice to know that Amber worked more or less peacefully with such a large number of mods.

6) After regaining Amber at Ymmrt manor, I looked at the area map. The dull purple text box said ".. I could do nothing, Khalid". I saved, reloaded, the same.

I'll investigate. I think we had plans to add a map note to mark the window exit of the house, but that plan might have been only partly finished and the string reference for the map note be missing or wrong.

22) HaerDallis attacked Amber while remaining blue circled at the conduit ritual. I reloaded and he did it again. No dialogue between the two in this scene.

This is a vanilla game bug, which is fixed by the BG2 fixpack. It has something to do with Haer's script. However, I'm not sure why he's adamant in taking out his anger on Amber if she's around.

47) Amber was the only member not to be offered a chance to back out at the tree of life.

She should; the reply options for different relationships are:

Friendship:

~Are you ready, Amber? I need to be sure that I can trust you to stay by my side.~

~You should not be here, Amber. This is not your fight, but mine alone.~

~This is too dangerous, I don't want you risking yourself for my sake.~

P2 Romance:

~Are you ready, Amber? I need to be sure that I can trust you to stay by my side.~

~This is too dangerous, Amber. I don't want you risking you newfound happiness with <PLAYER2> for this.~

General (no friendship or romance):

~This is too dangerous even for someone as capable as you, Amber.~

Only the Protagonist's romance track has only one reply option (~Amber... I ---~), but that's just following the bioware style. The tree of life has caused problems before, so I would be grateful of any additional feedback.

61) Zaiya and Amber have a HLA "scribe mage scrolls" that's supposed to make 12 hour scrolls. It doesn't work.

Do you mean to say that the thief HLA "scribe mage scrolls" doesn't work or the when Amber or Kiara use it, it doesn't work? Amber and IIRC Kiara too have their own HLA table, so I guess it could theoretically be possible that they use wrong version of "scribe mage scrolls". I don't off-hand remember how HLA tables work.

63) Throughout the game, it seemed at times, Amber got some special resists. At the throne of Baal, the fallen Solar imprisoned Amber, who just did "Avoid death", and somehow didn't get imprisoned. Is that right? There was no message like "Amber magic resistance", she just avoided it. The maze animation went ahead.

Isn't "avoid death" a thief HLA? I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly. I haven't yet paid much attention to the TOB details yet.

66) After the battle, I choose to stay Mortal:

* Amber had no final story.

She will once she has ToB content.

67) Amber bug: I recall, with the two warring families in Trademeet, I did not hand the Heirloom in and instead favoured one family, resulting in the slaughter.

Much later, when speaking to Amber, it was an option to ask her which way to go in that affair, after the fact.

I look into that. The option to ask her opinion should be available only during that quest.

* NPC mod opinions

Amber was exactly as I expected her, a well done believable fade-type mod.

Thank you. :)

R3) Several times: had to reload and teleport party with Ctrl-J to find Amber's bracelet before she left (wasn't willing to let her leave, didn't know if she would return).

The bracelet quest timers were adjusted for version 2.4 of Amber. Were you using that or the earlier version?

Guest Morken
The tree of life has caused problems before, so I would be grateful of any additional feedback. .

Sorry I got nothing more

61) Zaiya and Amber have a HLA "scribe mage scrolls" that's supposed to make 12 hour scrolls. It doesn't work

Do you mean to say that the thief HLA "scribe mage scrolls" doesn't work or the when Amber or Kiara use it, it doesn't work? Amber and IIRC Kiara too have their own HLA table, so I guess it could theoretically be possible that they use wrong version of "scribe mage scrolls". I don't off-hand remember how HLA tables work. .

I can't say but I used the "refinements" HLAs, which are far more interesting.

63) Throughout the game, it seemed at times, Amber got some special resists. At the throne of Baal, the fallen Solar imprisoned Amber, who just did "Avoid death", and somehow didn't get imprisoned. Is that right? There was no message like "Amber magic resistance", she just avoided it. The maze animation went ahead

Isn't "avoid death" a thief HLA? I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly. I haven't yet paid much attention to the TOB details yet..

Avoid death IS, however, my point was that Avoid death isn't supposed to stop imprisonment, or at least I don't think so.

67) Amber bug: I recall, with the two warring families in Trademeet, I did not hand the Heirloom in and instead favoured one family, resulting in the slaughter.

Much later, when speaking to Amber, it was an option to ask her which way to go in that affair, after the fact.

I look into that. The option to ask her opinion should be available only during that quest.

Well I asked her way way after the event, and she actually gave her opinion on it.

R3) Several times: had to reload and teleport party with Ctrl-J to find Amber's bracelet before she left (wasn't willing to let her leave, didn't know if she would return).

I was the one who brought up the topic on this forum earlier. And this is the same game.

You know, you should make Amber immune to blindness as she has those weird glowing eyes.

Archived