Lil' help with kick-out dialogue

Guest Guest_Mister Kerr_*

Hey! I'm new to BG2 modding and I've run into a problem that I can't find the solution to. My NPC shows up and the join-party dialogue works great. However, the instant he joins his "you kicked me out" dialogue displays, even though he hasn't been kicked out. When you kick him out, he does nothing. If you talk to him after you kick him out he either gives you the "may I rejoin?" or has nothing to say, depending on which option was picked during the fake "kick-out" dialogue. I've gone over my code time and again and I can't figure out what's wrong. Please help!

BEGIN ~JPSTAL~

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting
SAY ~Ah, good day, comrade. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stalingrad. Stalingrad T. Stalker~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Greetings to you, Stalingrad. I am <CHARNAME>.~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Stalingrad T. Stalker? What does the "T" stand for?~ GOTO TheT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Leave me alone, lest I leave a blade in your side!~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN TheT
SAY ~"The."~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Ah, well, in that case, greetings to you, Stalingrad The Stalker. I am <CHARNAME>.~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Really? How banal. Leave me alone, then.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
SAY ~I am from out of town, <CHARNAME>, and I am looking for many taverns to drink and girls to stalk. I am, after all, a stalker, and I am good with a bow. Might I join your group in search of my goal?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Sure, join in! There's plenty of room!~ DO ~SetGlobal("StalinJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, we have no need for a stalker right now, um, comrade.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway
SAY ~All right, but you will miss my skills later, da?~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~ THEN BEGIN ReturnDialogue
SAY ~Ah, I see you again, comrade. Might you now be interested in the skills of a stalker?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I suppose so. Welcome aboard!~ DO ~SetGlobal("StalinJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, comrade, you're just not needed.~ GOTO RefusedAgain
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN RefusedAgain
SAY ~Once again you insult me by refusing my company. No matter, I will be here if you need my stalking abilities to...stalk!~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

BEGIN ~JPSTALP~

IF ~Global("StalinJoined","LOCALS",1) ~ THEN BEGIN LeaveGroup
SAY ~I am sorry, comrade. I must have misheard you. Do you wish me to leave?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, Stalingrad, I have no need of your services anymore.~ DO ~SetGlobal("StalinJoined","LOCALS",0)~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~My mistake, my trusted friend. Come, let us continue stalking.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~Global("StalinJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin
SAY ~I see you have returned to me, comrade. Come, let us stalk together once more, as we have in times past!~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Well met, Stalingrad! Stalk away with us once again!~ DO ~SetGlobal("StalinJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Not today, comrade. Another time, perhaps.~ EXIT
END

I'm not a coding deity like many of the Gibberlings, but I think this one here is your problem:

IF ~Global("StalinJoined","LOCALS",1) ~ THEN BEGIN LeaveGroup

Unless you qualify this further somehow, it'll just fire the instant he's in the party, since you set that variable after he's joined.

Now maybe I'm mistaken and the "P" files are only supposed to fire off when you use the Reform Party option, but that's what it looks like to me. Being at work, I don't have the game installed to check, but unless someone else can give you a more comprehensive answer (and I'm sure they can), I'd look at vanilla NPC "P" file dialogue conditions and see what else they might have as a trigger.

Never mind, I did a reinstall and it worked fine. It was some mod I had installed that was causing the kick-out dialog to fire incorrectly. I'll be sure to post here if I run into more issues, though.

Archived