Missing Garren after rescued daughter pls help

Guest Errtu

Guest Errtu

HI there so i went to the hills killed the paladins garren invited me to his house and

I DID NOT go to his house instead i explored the map found the dungeon there he stood before the entrance gave me the quest so i rescued her killed Firkragg right away as i am no paladin returned to the cabin and HE IS NOT THERE only his daughter i waited rested he didnt come back so is this a bug? is he somewhere as i cannot return the quest this way costs lots of exp. Help pls. Thanks a lot

I didn't realise that Garren could actually give the quest from in front of the dungeon. I don't ever recall him ever doing that in my games.

I think something has gone badly corrupt here (possibly via a mod). I'm afraid the only solution I can guess at requires a bit of mucking about. If you have an old save prior to your entering the Windspear Hills, load that, do the first bit of the quest. Save in a separate slot and then follow Garren to his cabin. Play through all the stuff until his daughter gets taken, save in a new slot and then use ShadowKeeper, NI or DLTCEP to compare the global variables in the game. Whichever ones are different should be the quest variables. Then, alter the variables in your post-Fiirkraag game to match those (unless any you have are higher) and hopefully you'll have everything set to spawn Garren in his cabin.

Alternately (and more quickly), you can use Infinity Explorer, NI or DLTCEP to look at garrens dialogue file, see what variable he needs to trigger the final conversation, set it and spawn him in using the console.

Archived