Jan Jansen Quest

Guest Aslain Melemir

Guest Aslain Melemir

I'm using TOB+Latest Patch+BG2 Fixpack v6+Hotfix+Tweaks (only weapon animations)+UB

The first problem was when I was walking through Goverment District in Athkatla and I was doing Minsc added quest. Jan aproached to me and I sent him away... then, he wouldn't talk to me. It only appears the "... has nothing to say." sign. I started googling and found the same error in Bioware forums, and the only solution I found was to kill Jan and create a new one with console. So I did. I could talk to him and Trax showed up (but wouldn talk). Reload, create the new Jan, Trax showed up, talked, and then I killed the other Jan with my party. After 15 days I receive the message about Lissa and went with Jan to his home. When I entered, nothing happened. Thinking it could be something like the Trax thing, I open ShadowKeeper and change the Sprite_DeadJan (or something like that) from 1 to 0. Then everything went ok. I finish the quest now, but when I go upstairs to talk to Jan I get to see Lissa and her daughter, Jaella (healed) leaving and saying goodbye, but then nothing happens. The interface is not visible, like in a scripted sequence, and I think Jan should say something (I did read in a walkthrough that the "action continues downstair") but nothing at all happens, I can't even move my characters. Is there any way to fix this bugged quest? I try changing some variables like JanLissa and JaellaDead but I can't get it to work. I really need some help here, I wouldn't like to leave the entire quest hanging right in the end :laugh:

Guest Aslain Melemir

Ok, I discovered the problem. The global variable JanLissaPlot is currently 10, but if I increase it to 11, then the next line that Jan should say is spoken, but since Jaella and Lissa are still upstairs, the dialogue can't continue downstairs. The problema evidently is that the variable is not increasing. Please, I need some help here :laugh:

Guest Aslain Melemir

Manage to end the quest but with Jaella's death. It's been over 10 days (the time I have to save her) and now Lissa and Jaella are gone so I can't finish the quest in any other way and can't get them to appear again by changing the variables. Like I said, I could modify the variables so that Jan doesn't say yet again "Jaella is well..." but now she's dead. I want to finish this quest by saving her, does anyone know something about this bug?

Variables I checked:

SPRITE_IS_DEAD_JAN: 0 (when it was in 1 Jan didn't say anything when entered his house but after the change the quest went smoothly until now)

JAELLADEAD: 10239543 (when finish the quest and she is dead, changes to 0; when switch it to one, she is still alive, but dissappears along with Lissa the second I show up)

JANJOINED: 8890916 (doesn't seem to do anything at any value :) )

JANLISSA: 9327544 (doesn't seem to do anything at any value :( )

JANLISSAPLOT: 10 (this one seems to be the one that controls the point where the quest is, when I managed to end the quest it changed to 21; at 11 Jan says "Vaelag, it can't be" and runs downstair which is what he wasn't doing and therefore keeping me from doing anything, the game was waiting for this line and it seems it changes to 11 when Lissa and Jaella run downstairs but it wasn't increasing, and now they are gone; when Jan runs downstair the variable increases to 12, Vaelag is downstairs and speaks to Jan, but then though the text button says "Continue" the conversation ends and nothing happens, maybe Lissa is suppossed to say something and since she isn't there anymore...; at 20 I go upstairs and there is a fade to black effect and I'm outside the Jansen house).

The other variables are about the other parts of the quest:

HIDDENJOB: 3 (this one controls the state of this underquest in order to save Jaella working for the Hidden)

HIDDENSPAWN: 1 (I believe this one controls if he has already appeared)

SPRITE_IS_DEAD_JANGITH1: 1 (I had to killed him for the Hidden)

SPRITE_IS_DEAD_JANGITH2: 1 (I had to killed him for the Hidden)

I don't know why the quest got so screwed up at that point, everything was going perfectly fine.

Basically what I need now is:

To get Lissa and Jaella back upstairs (I can actually see them for like a second and then they disappear)

The JanLissaPlot to increase to 11 after that and then the quest would finally end with Jaella still alive.

If anyone is having this same problem, know that you are not alone in this one. If anyone knows what can be done to fix this, please say so.

Guest Aslain Melemir

Ok, if I delete the JAELLADEAD variable, then mother and daughter are present again. But it's the same error again where the game just keeps waiting for Jan to speak and I can't do anything... No change in the variables helps there, since even changing the JANLISSAPLOT variable to 11 makes Jan speaks his line and run downstairs, Lissa and Jaella stay upstair with nothing to say and when I go downstairs there's nothing different than before, and after Vaelag's line nothing happens...

Guest Mynosh

I've also had the same issue come up in my game.

Just for anyone else who stumbles across this thread, the final resolution is:

After getting Jaella healed through the hidden, go to Jans house, spawn Jaella and Lissa on the ground floor, set JanLissaPLot to 11 (Should be 10), then go upstairs. Jan will dialog then go downstairs. Follow downstairs, where the dialog can continue since you spawned in Lissa there moments before. The quest completes then.

Problem solved.

Hi - this thread has been SUPER helpful... but! i'm not an experienced user of the cluaconsole - how do I set JanLissaPlot to 11 once I've spawned Lissa and Jaella on the ground floor? I can't get the syntax to work.

I've also had the same issue come up in my game.

Just for anyone else who stumbles across this thread, the final resolution is:

After getting Jaella healed through the hidden, go to Jans house, spawn Jaella and Lissa on the ground floor, set JanLissaPLot to 11 (Should be 10), then go upstairs. Jan will dialog then go downstairs. Follow downstairs, where the dialog can continue since you spawned in Lissa there moments before. The quest completes then.

Problem solved.

Hi - this thread has been SUPER helpful... but! i'm not an experienced user of the cluaconsole - how do I set JanLissaPlot to 11 once I've spawned Lissa and Jaella on the ground floor? I can't get the syntax to work.

The IESDP has some information on the console that might help:

Activating the Console (BG2 / BG2:ToB)

Enable

• Open the Baldur.ini file (located in the BG2 installaion directory).
  • Find the line [Program Options] and add the text Debug Mode=1 underneath.

Access

• Create a new game / load a save game.
  • Press ctrl and space together.
  • CLUA commands can be entered in the editing area that appears at the bottom of the screen.
  • Commands must be prefixed with CLUAConsole:

[...]

Using the Console

Commands

[...]

• SetGlobal("","",)
    Sets the variable specified by (of type ) to the value of .

So, to set the global variable JanLissaPlot to 11, activate the console, type the following command, and hit enter:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JanLissaPlot","GLOBAL",11)

Archived