Changing cre to chr?

ulmas

dltcep can do it too. Or you want some scriptable weidu method?

Tank's for your reply Avenger. No I'm mot looking for a scriptable method. I havent explored scripting for BG so right now thats above my head. Anyway, I started DLTCEP opened a creature file, aasim.cre ,not sure if he's from the original BG or DSotSC. I added portraits and saved him as a chr file but that was obviously not enough. Game hanged when I tried to start a new game with him as player. Do you have some tutorial or guide on how to do this or to DLTCEP?

Besides it being fun to play with an NPC my aim is to figure out through trial and error what impact the effective armor class prameter has on the actual in game ac (that was my previous post). Since DLTCEP also holds a field for effective armor class when editing a creature file (under stats & skills) perhaps you can tell me how this parameter works?

My ultimate goal is to change enemies ac, THACO, hitpoints and spells to make BG more challenging for a character that already has gone through the game once or twice.

dltcep can do it too. Or you want some scriptable weidu method?

Tank's for your reply Avenger. No I'm mot looking for a scriptable method. I havent explored scripting for BG so right now thats above my head. Anyway, I started DLTCEP opened a creature file, aasim.cre ,not sure if he's from the original BG or DSotSC. I added portraits and saved him as a chr file but that was obviously not enough. Game hanged when I tried to start a new game with him as player. Do you have some tutorial or guide on how to do this or to DLTCEP?

Besides it being fun to play with an NPC my aim is to figure out through trial and error what impact the effective armor class prameter has on the actual in game ac (that was my previous post). Since DLTCEP also holds a field for effective armor class when editing a creature file (under stats & skills) perhaps you can tell me how this parameter works?

My ultimate goal is to change enemies ac, THACO, hitpoints and spells to make BG more challenging for a character that already has gone through the game once or twice.

i am interested in knowing how to do this too. i want to create a character using a creature file. so for instance i could play the game as a zombie if i wanted to. i opened near infinity, selected the .cre file, exported it as a .chr file in the characters folder of the game directory, then opened the .chr file, edited the signiture attribute to change it from ".cre" to ".chr", saved the file, opened the game and tried to import the character, but it didnt appear on the list. any ideas?

or if you know a method that works in how to convert .cre to .chr files, please enlighten me. thank you

Archived