Game Crashes

Guest Gondar

Guest Gondar

Just installed the fixpack after not playing BG2 for awhile and the game seems to crash when trying to initiate dialogue with some NPC's, like when I try to talk to Firkraag in the Copper Coronet (some Microsoft C++ Runtime error, abnormal program termination pops up). Anyone know how I can fix this?

Have you done a full install?

If yes:

Try clearing out (deleting all files inside) your "Cache" folder, and your "Tempsave" folder.

Also, have you installed any mods since you started this game?

If no:

Try following the guide on BioWare.com under FAQ support for turning a non-full install into a full one, which will also help. If it works then, then it was the game not loading the dialogue for certain characters.

Else:

Wait for someone who knows what that error means, because I don't.

Icen

Guest Gondar

Yes, I have done a full install. Not Currently using any mods. Just the Bioware patch and the G3 fixpack.

I went into options and turned the sound for character dialogue completely off, and now I can talk to NPC's like Lord Jierdan without it crashing, which is making me think it's just a problem with my soundcard (outdated driver maybe?) but all the other game sounds work fine. I'm using Realtek HD audio, if anyone knows for sure what my problem is that'd be great.

Archived