Improved Invis

Guest guest

I notice SR V3 states II no longer gives the +4 saving throw bonus, I don't know if this is for balance, but I think it's better to have it there considering it is a fairly short duration 4th level spell.

My guess is that you removed it reg. exploitable uses of stacking the bonus, or rather (and more accurately in lieu of fixpack changes, which most people have) to let players reuse II even while one is already in affect - please see the II thread you recently posted on in bioware forums: baldur's gate 2 spoiler sub forum, and in light of what avenger has said there; that as of v5 fixpack this issue was dealt with, i feel II should be left as it is, with the +4 saves.

Unless of course it is just a balance change and you'd prefer it this new way of no save bonus; but just in case the above was the reason, and seeing as how that reason would now be incorrect, i think it would be better to leave it as it was; you weaken the spell somewhat otherwise...but not by much i guess (untargetable by spells, directly, is a huge bonus and, btw, i never realised this perk and i've been playing bg for years - i think it would be nice if you added this in the description maybe?)

Actually when I last checked it the issue wasn't fixed, and a player on that forum experienced the issue with Fixpack v7. Anyway I'd probably remove the +4 bonus to saves anyway as it's too much for a 4th level spell imo.

II already grants:

- invisibility (for stealth attacks and backstabbing opportunities)

- a very good range of protection from direct spells (extremely useful)

- an effective +4 bonus to armor class (which isn't even stopped by the AC cap)

- +4 to attack rolls on the next attack (very small advantage I know, but it's there)

untargetable by spells, directly, is a huge bonus and, btw, i never realised this perk and i've been playing bg for years - i think it would be nice if you added this in the description maybe?
Already done in previous versions: "Opponents can then attack the recipient and cast area of effect spells near him, but they cannot target him directly with spells, scrolls, or abilities. " :D With the help of Mike I've tried to make the descriptions as accurate and comprehensive as possible, because as a player I did wanted it to be so in the first place.
Actually when I last checked it the issue wasn't fixed, and a player on that forum experienced the issue with Fixpack v7.

As noted elsware, the recasting issue has been fixed a long time ago. Here's a quote from the v4 changelog:

Improved Invisibility Fixes was completely reworked as it was preventing legitimate re-casting of the spell. The new fix remains non-perfect but still a significant improvement over the patched game.

Anyone who can read tp2 code can clearly see this for himself, while others can easily test it in-game by simply making a clean install + Fixpack v7 and trying to recast the spell multiple times. However, note that I'm only referring to the level 4 wizard spell here, items and other abilities which provide similar effects may still have some issues.

Archived