Modding a saved game?

Guest guest

When trying to use old save games, it should be safer to install new things than remove old things, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. .ITM files are good in that they don't have local copies kept in your save game.

If you already have other mods installed, you should be aware that there is an install order that should be followed with IR and installing the main component on top of these may negate some changes made by them. In that case, it would definitely be best to start over (clean installation, install them in the right order, start a new game).

When trying to use old save games, it should be safer to install new things than remove old things, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. .ITM files are good in that they don't have local copies kept in your save game.

If you already have other mods installed, you should be aware that there is an install order that should be followed with IR and installing the main component on top of these may negate some changes made by them. In that case, it would definitely be best to start over (clean installation, install them in the right order, start a new game).

Ok, thanks, and yes, I'm aware of install orders and such.

I do have a couple more questions:

I will install UB AFTER IR (unless you tell me i shouldn't), so:

1) Should I install Unfinished business' item restorations component, or does IR include any and all things in that? i.e. wolfskin bag and stuff.

2) Also, should i skip UB's extended ToB item descriptions as i guess IR adds to them itself a fair bit.

3) What about Throne of Bhaal minor restorations? I'm not sure if this alters any items and stuff.

I think that's all that might cause issues.

I do have a couple more questions:

I will install UB AFTER IR (unless you tell me i shouldn't), so:

Install UB after IR's main component, and before any of IR's tweaks.

1) Should I install Unfinished business' item restorations component, or does IR include any and all things in that? i.e. wolfskin bag and stuff.

You can probably install this if you like - I don't think IR adds any of these. There are a couple item descriptions it overwrites, but I can't tell off-hand if these items are all used without UB's component installed.

2) Also, should i skip UB's extended ToB item descriptions as i guess IR adds to them itself a fair bit.

Definitely do not install this, it will overwrite all of IR's ToB item descriptions with information that's likely incorrect. I believe we've included all of these description changes in IR's descriptions.

3) What about Throne of Bhaal minor restorations? I'm not sure if this alters any items and stuff.

It should work fine.

If you install UB's item restorations component before IR's main component you'll get IR's more accurate descriptions, and I think it shouldn't cause any issue.

I'll probably add all these items in V3 in order to make this component redundant and avoid issues.

Indeed, IR's included all of them and further extended this concept quite a bit. Installing UB's extended ToB item descriptions actually causes item's descriptions to be inaccurate because of all IR's changes to those items.

It just restores Sarevok's soundset if I'm not wrong, thus it should be fine.

Archived