Amber gets lost after kidnapping *spoilers*

Guest Sonar

Hi, i got a problem with Amber after the kidnapping. After i kill the mage that took her and go upstairs i go to the window and climb down the rope. When im down i see her on in front of the house but she quickly disappears into the house. I cant talk to her or anything. Afterwards I dont know where she is. I searchet the whole city, waited 30 days and still nothing. Where is she supposed to turn up ? Please just tell me dont hint me :worship: Or if this is a bug, any possible solutions ?

Hi, i got a problem with Amber after the kidnapping. After i kill the mage that took her and go upstairs i go to the window and climb down the rope. When im down i see her on in front of the house but she quickly disappears into the house. I cant talk to her or anything. Afterwards I dont know where she is. I searchet the whole city, waited 30 days and still nothing. Where is she supposed to turn up ? Please just tell me dont hint me :worship: Or if this is a bug, any possible solutions ?

Err... That really strange. When you exit from the window, Amber is supposed to walk up to your PC and start a dialogue. Do you have a savegame before you got out of the house? Perhaps you should load and try again? Maybe Amber thought that your PC was still inside the house due an engine hiccup.

You could still post you weidu log.

Have you noticed any other strangeness during the quest? Anything obviously odd in Lorraine's behaviour?

Err... That really strange. When you exit from the window, Amber is supposed to walk up to your PC and start a dialogue. Do you have a savegame before you got out of the house? Perhaps you should load and try again? Maybe Amber thought that your PC was still inside the house due an engine hiccup.

You could still post you weidu log.

Have you noticed any other strangeness during the quest? Anything obviously odd in Lorraine's behaviour?

I have a savegame after slaying the mage, and i tried different scenarios, and it doesnt help. Each time i go out of the window she just quickly runs to the house. The only strange thing i notice is when i sleep outside of the house, each time 4 guards spawn and rush inside the house even after i killed everyone else, and then they just stand inside not beeing aggro. Lorraine acted quite normally and left me after the fight with the mage. But if i remember correctly at the start of the fight she promised me some magic items, but afterwards gave me only gold coins.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v7

~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Multiplayer-friendly flirting for Amber: v2.5

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil

But if i remember correctly at the start of the fight she promised me some magic items, but afterwards gave me only gold coins.

She didn't give you the wardstone? If she didn't, how did you get up the stairs from the firts room? (To the room with the Demon?)

Maybe there is a way to spawn amber through the console ?

I have to figure out what's wrong first. If you spawn her and the variables are set wrong she will not be able to function correctly. The guards spawning point to a variable being not correctly set at some point. A simple hiccup like that can cause problems later. I have to look to the code and figure out what variables might be wrong.

Meanwhile, if you have earlier saves you could try to load one before you use the map and entered the new areas for the first time and see if the problem occurs again. If you have time before I can give you better advise, that is.

She didn't give you the wardstone? If she didn't, how did you get up the stairs from the firts room? (To the room with the Demon?)

She did give me the wardstone, i just thought that when i spare her life she said something about having magic items which i can take from her dead body or she will give me them if i will help her kill the mage

Maybe there is a way to spawn amber through the console ?

I have to figure out what's wrong first. If you spawn her and the variables are set wrong she will not be able to function correctly. The guards spawning point to a variable being not correctly set at some point. A simple hiccup like that can cause problems later. I have to look to the code and figure out what variables might be wrong.

Meanwhile, if you have earlier saves you could try to load one before you use the map and entered the new areas for the first time and see if the problem occurs again. If you have time before I can give you better advise, that is.

Any clues yet ?

Messed the quotes, so hence i cant edit im reposting

She did give me the wardstone, i just thought that when i spare her life she said something about having magic items which i can take from her dead body or she will give me them if i will help her kill the mage

Any clues yet ?

Umm so is there a way to spawn her by console with variables after the kidnap quest, or reinstalling the mod and turning off her kindapping quest with shadowkeeper ? Or should i just look for another rouge which wont be as cute as amber ? :worship:

lol i just found her in the five flagoons inn in bridge district.... she joined and seems ok.

Thanks for the help ! (Biggest sarcasm ever)

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help you. I have no clue why she would have gone to the five flagons instead of talking to your PC. Save that five flagons is the place she goes when she's kicked out of the party.

Was your PC invisible or otherwise unavailable for dialog when you left the house? It shouldn't matter but I'd like to know in case this happens to someone else. If it's not too much trouble please let me know if and when she continues her talks with the PC.

Archived