Question about Amber's LoveTalks

Guest Anima

Hello been playing this mod about a week and so far I'am really enjoying it but i've got one question. Atm i'm not recieving anymore dialogues from Amber I'm a Male Human with high Chr and I have no other females in the party so I know the Amber romance hasn't stopped due to me having another romance also Amber hasn't left my party since she joined.

I've tried GetGlobal ("m#AMBERROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL") into the console and it's value is 1 so i'm guessing based on the original romances 1 is equal to a active begining romance?

I've tried waiting many hours real time and no luck.

i'm only at the point in the game just before where Ican pay my money to Bodhi or the ST is it that I just need to get further in the story before she starts talking again?

thanks.

Hello been playing this mod about a week and so far I'am really enjoying it but i've got one question. Atm i'm not recieving anymore dialogues from Amber I'm a Male Human with high Chr and I have no other females in the party so I know the Amber romance hasn't stopped due to me having another romance also Amber hasn't left my party since she joined.

I've tried GetGlobal ("m#AMBERROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL") into the console and it's value is 1 so i'm guessing based on the original romances 1 is equal to a active begining romance?

I've tried waiting many hours real time and no luck.

i'm only at the point in the game just before where Ican pay my money to Bodhi or the ST is it that I just need to get further in the story before she starts talking again?

thanks.

Have you asked her (via player initiaded dialog) how she's doing? If there's a lovetalk with special conditions coming up she should give you a hint on how to meet those conditions. If that doesn't help tell me what the last lovetalk she initiated was about and I can point you to right direction.

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the mod.

Right I asked her how she is feeling and the reply was (Amber seems alittle surprised that you actually think to ask her something like that) then she replies "I'm doing well, it was kind of you to ask", I don't know if that means I need to meet a certain prerequisite or not to iniate the next lovetalk.

As for the last lovetalk,, i'm not 100% but I know for sure i've had the one when your outside and she is looking up at the sky, and i've got her to talk about Waterdeep and Jill in quite some depth I don't know if that helps anymore.

Thanks for the wonderful mod though Meira its gotta be my fav so far.

Guest Anima

Sorry for the double post but it's been awhile and the problem still stands..

I've carried on too chapter 3 and got a talk from amber about how I feel about Imoen being in locked up but since then i've had nothing from her.

The romance is still active, I can still flirt and talk to her myself everything seems to be running fine, alot more realtime has passed and i've tried sleeping outside/inside but to no avail.

oh and she is still saying the same thing when I ask her how she is feeling. any idears??

Sorry for the double post but it's been awhile and the problem still stands..

I've carried on too chapter 3 and got a talk from amber about how I feel about Imoen being in locked up but since then i've had nothing from her.

The romance is still active, I can still flirt and talk to her myself everything seems to be running fine, alot more realtime has passed and i've tried sleeping outside/inside but to no avail.

oh and she is still saying the same thing when I ask her how she is feeling. any idears??

Sorry for the long wait.

So you've got the talk that beings: "So, we got your relationship with your brother sorted out, but what about Imoen? You grew up with her didn't you?" Then it should be the time for her quest (unless you got that already). Have you been to the Slums, Bridge, Docks or Trademeet?

However, since she should "have a bad feeling" just before the quest when your PC asks how she's doing, the might be something else that's jammed into the system. Can you give me the value of M#AmberTalk Locals variable? You can get the locals variables just like GLOBAL variables you just have to be sure that Amber is selected when you use CLUA console. note that its called Locals not Local.

Also, make sure that you PC isn't invisible all the time.

Guest Anima

The M#Ambertalk Locals is at 12

I've been to the Slums, Docks, Bridge and Trademeet all plenty of times

As for her quests I've done the one to get her Bracelet back but no others.

And i'm definatly not invisible.

Thanks for the Help Meira

The M#Ambertalk Locals is at 12

I've been to the Slums, Docks, Bridge and Trademeet all plenty of times

As for her quests I've done the one to get her Bracelet back but no others.

And i'm definatly not invisible.

Thanks for the Help Meira

What's the value of M#AmberKidnap GLOBAL variable? (I'm sorry for the spoiler in the variable name.) Have you installed any mods after you started to play Amber mod? Her quest is triggered from the baldur.bcs (the main script of the game). Some mods add script blocks that script that may occasionally block it. Or maybe my cut scene has just fizzled? :p I'll know more when I know the current value of M#AmberKidnap.

Guest Anima

No worries about the spoiler I saw it myself when I was checking her variables

The Kidnap Global is at 2

As for installing mods after the answer would be yes, i'm not sure how to go about getting the Weidu log or even if that would help.

No worries about the spoiler I saw it myself when I was checking her variables

The Kidnap Global is at 2

As for installing mods after the answer would be yes, i'm not sure how to go about getting the Weidu log or even if that would help.

Weidu.log is in you main BG2 folder. You can open it with any text editor, such as notepad or word. But we don't need to look at it at this point. M#AmberKidnap should only be 2 in the instant between the cut scene characters having just been created and the cut scene itself being triggered. Obviously you have encountered a hiccup in the engine and(/or) my script. Save your game and try setting the M#AmberKidnap GLOBAL to 1. Then go to Slums (for example), if you're not already there.

Archived