Mages have infinite spells

Guest Patrick L

Guest Patrick L

I'm not sure if this is an issue with SCS2, but since I installed it, mages seem to have infinite spells under certain conditions. Basically, I like to wear them down by sending summons in from off the screen. But some of them (ie Gaius of the sewer party, Ruhk the Transmuter in Fiirkaag's castle) seem to have an infinite number of spells when approached this way. For instance, Gaius never runs out of death spells when I send in summons one by one. I used the control-Q cheat trick to add him to my party (for debugging purposes) and when I looked at his spellbook, he's only supposed to have 2. Ruhk always has an endless supply of protection from magical weapons ready, though he's only supposed to have one. Are these spells scripted to happen with disregard for the number of spells the caster is supposed to have?

The mods I have installed are:

g3fixpack

Sword Coast Stratagems 2

Unfinished Business

Wide Screen

I'm not sure if this is an issue with SCS2, but since I installed it, mages seem to have infinite spells under certain conditions. Basically, I like to wear them down by sending summons in from off the screen. But some of them (ie Gaius of the sewer party, Ruhk the Transmuter in Fiirkaag's castle) seem to have an infinite number of spells when approached this way. For instance, Gaius never runs out of death spells when I send in summons one by one. I used the control-Q cheat trick to add him to my party (for debugging purposes) and when I looked at his spellbook, he's only supposed to have 2. Ruhk always has an endless supply of protection from magical weapons ready, though he's only supposed to have one. Are these spells scripted to happen with disregard for the number of spells the caster is supposed to have?

No, they're not, though I have had a few odd (and not-track-downable) references to mages getting spells back when enemies are offscreen. On the other hand, some spells are "hot-swapped" - that is, some other 6th level spell is removed and replaced by PMW. (Ideally these swaps would be done at install time, which is what happens in SCSI, and would be visible to CTRL-Q; pressure of time means this hasn't yet been an option for SCSII). So creatures may have significantly more death spells or PMW than CTRL-Q shows, but it shouldn't be infinite.

Archived