re lilarcorn

DrAzTiK

Just an proposition. What do you think about give Lilarcorn to Tazok and replace antoher weapon in sewers ? (maybe Spider blane? )

Beyond the fact that Lilarcorn is damn too much powerfull at the begining of the game (especially coz of confusion immunity), players should be forced to beat at least 2 amandines golems without the well know cheesy way to hit them with a +3 two handed weapons.

I am in spellhold and I have installed main component for my new game and I like very much overall balancing. ( only firecam plate and Belts of Inertial Barrier are IMHO too much powerfull ) :blush:

Just an proposition. What do you think about give Lilarcorn to Tazok and replace antoher weapon in sewers ? (maybe Spider blane? )

Beyond the fact that Lilarcorn is damn too much powerfull at the begining of the game (especially coz of confusion immunity), players should be forced to beat at least 2 amandines golems without the well know cheesy way to hit them with a +3 two handed weapons.

Couldn't you put this post into the Lilarcor topic you created yourself? :blush: Anyway...though I do agree with you on it being too powerful (as we discussed in that topic) this solution doesn't seem to me too appealing. There are even a few triggered lines about the sentient sword when you get it in the sewers, and I wouldn't like to mess with them.

I am in spellhold and I have installed main component for my new game and I like very much overall balancing. ( only firecam plate and Belts of Inertial Barrier are IMHO too much powerfull ) :blush:
I'm glad you decided to try it out...and don't hold back from posting your opinion on any item. Speaking of the two items you mention...

Firecam Full Plate is too powerful yes, it has already been addressed and I'll nerf it somehow.

Belt of Inertial Barrier instead is a little more tricky...you consider it too powerful while I seem to recall someone who reported that its "slow" effect was too easily avoided by most opponents. Some more feedback on this matter would be welcome (I don't have time to test items with a playthrough, and if I had some spare time I would devote it to SR).

Couldn't you put this post into the Lilarcor topic you created yourself?

It's coz i want to open a more wise topic about Lilacorn :blush: I was a bit too much severe about balancing in the past.

About Inertial barrier, maybe I am wrong but I usually consider a slowed creature as a death creature. :blush: ( imo movement is very important ).

I remenber that many ennemy was slowed but I have used this items only before chapter 4.

Can you say me if slow effect of interetiel barrier are like in BG2 vanilla or like in spell revisions ?

About Inertial barrier, maybe I am wrong but I usually consider a slowed creature as a death creature. :blush: ( imo movement is very important ).

I remenber that many ennemy was slowed but I have used this items only before chapter 4.

Can you say me if slow effect of interetiel barrier are like in BG2 vanilla or like in spell revisions ?

The inertial barrier slow effect causes -1 penalty to AC and thac0 (a la SR) as -4 penalty would be clearly overpowered imo. It still is a quite effective hindrance being slowed but I do think you overstimate it, a slowed creature is far from being dead!

Archived