Chromatic Orb

DrAzTiK

Your current version is : level 8-9 : Blindness and level 10-11 : slow

Don't you think it should be inverse ? Blindness is much more dangerous that slow in BG2.

And just a proposition, what about increase a bit the Line of sight of blinded creatures coz ennemy can't do nothink when blinded : it seems they can't benefit of ally line of sight in contrary to the PC whitch is a bit unfair . (blind =death)

Maybe blindness is also better that paralysis coz I think that more creatures are immune to paralysis in comparaison to blindness.?

Your current version is : level 8-9 : Blindness and level 10-11 : slow

Don't you think it should be inverse ? Blindness is much more dangerous that slow in BG2.

You're probably right. Anyway orb's effects are random once the caster reaches a level which allow him/her to cast it, thus it shouldn't be a noticeable issue.

And just a proposition, what about increase a bit the Line of sight of blinded creatures coz ennemy can't do nothink when blinded : it seems they can't benefit of ally line of sight in contrary to the PC whitch is a bit unfair . (blind =death)
It cannot be done, the blindness opcode is hardcoded. Anyway "blind = death" is partially true for spellcasters, but surely not for high level warriors.

Maybe blindness is also better that paralysis coz I think that more creatures are immune to paralysis in comparaison to blindness.?
I'm not able to tell you such a thing, anyway the orb will have the same chance to trigger either of the two effects, it just allows the orb to cause more effects.

You're probably right. Anyway orb's effects are random once the caster reaches a level which allow him/her to cast it, thus it shouldn't be a noticeable issue.

Description says that orb's effects are random only ocasionaly, is it not ?

ps: just do the test and it seems always random so yes it is not a problem.

Archived