Improved Drow component

Guest maximus2001

Guest maximus2001

Hi,

While playing through Ust Natha I decided to delay leaving so I could fight the new drow war parties. First thing I noticed was the timer was fast, really fast. The city went hostile as I passed the drow tavern (and everyone in party has boots of speed). So I entered the tavern and while wiping them out, 5 parties of drow spawned in. Finally finished killing all of them, and proceeded to destroy the city. There were no more spawns (in the readme there are supposed to be two more levels of spawns - hard and really hard). I even rested in the temple hoping they would show up. I did not set the global to make the reinforcements easier.

Checking with shadowkeeper here are some globals:

1)DMWWDrowCityCounter=5

2)DMWWDrowNumbers=22

3)DMWWInitializedDrowCity=2

4)DMWWDrowCityTimer=42449904

5)DMWWDrowStartTimer=42447256

Also I am running a BWP installation.

OK, what's going on is this: drow only spawn if there are fewer than 15 active (to keep the game from overloading). The variable "DMWWDrowNumbers" tracks how many drow are active. For some reason that variable isn't being lowered when drow die.

I don't know why this is, though. It works fine on my local install so my working theory is that something in the (staggering complexity of a) BWP install is messing it up. If you can use Near Infinity, tell me

(a) whether the script DW#DWCTY exists;

(b) whether it's assigned as the Override script for dw#drct1.cre

In any case, if you want to get the attacks going again, just reset DMWWDrowNumbers to zero.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWDrowNumbers","GLOBAL",0)

Guest maximus2001

Thanks DW,

Checking with NI:

A)The DW script is there in the bcs group.

B)It is the correct DW override script as well.

I'll reset the global and try again. It's been fun wiping out the improved groups, of course so far they have been the lower level minions...

Also I might add that I have Improved Battles installed (that has the improved House Jaellat component) and the SCSII House Jaellat component - there were no compatability problems with them. (besides it being a tough battle!)

Will report back my progress. Thanks!

Die()-Trigger is unreliable at times. (Especially, if there are any script blocks before it, that might "grab" the script round when the creature dies. [i. e. no continue()])

OK, sounds like something like that is the problem. I'll do something more robust with death variables next time I update.

Archived