Healing in Ease-of-use player AI

Guest Danch

Guest Danch

I have a question about using AI scripts to manage player's party. After installation of sos and sos2 I have to new scripts in my scripts menu (under character window), I think that one is from scs and should be used in bg1, other from scs2 and should be used in bg2.

The question is - shall healing npc(priest or druid) heal wounded player or other npc from a party ? Because right now when I choose ease-of-use script my priest (Branwen) or my druid (Jaheira) just stay there while npc in party have less then 10% of HP. When I change AI profile (choose other script in npc modification window) to priest/druid defense both Branewen and Jaheira starts casting healing spells on wounded party members.

So, is this normal behavior and I need to assign heals manually or there is something with my installation ?

This is my first time while playing BGT weidu and I've used some instruction for Polish BG fan site to install all mods in correct order, but there is big chance that I've messed something.

Read the SCS and SCSII readmes or the in-game descriptions of the scripts, but briefly:

(1) there's no real reason to use the SCS script, the SCSII one is better. (At some point I'll make them identical).

(2) neither script auto-casts healing spells. They're intended to be very unintrusive scripts that err on the side of not doing things you might not want done.

Read the SCS and SCSII readmes or the in-game descriptions of the scripts, but briefly:

(1) there's no real reason to use the SCS script, the SCSII one is better. (At some point I'll make them identical).

(2) neither script auto-casts healing spells. They're intended to be very unintrusive scripts that err on the side of not doing things you might not want done.

Bump. So is there any less unintrusive version? I'm even playing with semi-multi clerics mod, so i'd like one that combines defensive castings of mage's and clerics + healing.

Bump. So is there any less unintrusive version? I'm even playing with semi-multi clerics mod, so i'd like one that combines defensive castings of mage's and clerics + healing.

The SCS script long ago morphed into the SCSII one, but both remain unintrusive. (They cast healing spells if you're at least 4 levels above the level required to cast them.) Look elsewhere if you want a more activist script.

Archived