disabling certain spell effects

thelee

How would i go about disabling certain spell effects for IWD2? For example, Rings of Freedom of Movement have my characters glowing a constant white, and I don't need that constant visual reminder (and it's a bit annoying), so I want to disable that graphical effect (I don't even care if it also removes the effect from normal Freedom of Movement spell). Similar things also go for spells like Bless.

How would i go about disabling certain spell effects for IWD2? For example, Rings of Freedom of Movement have my characters glowing a constant white, and I don't need that constant visual reminder (and it's a bit annoying), so I want to disable that graphical effect (I don't even care if it also removes the effect from normal Freedom of Movement spell). Similar things also go for spells like Bless.

Grab an editor like NearInfinity or DLTCEP to do this fairly easily (though you might want to backup the files in question before saving, to be safe in case you mess up). For what you're asking, it sounds like you'll just need to load the appropriate files (you can use the editors' search capabilities if you need to) and remove/delete an effect or two.

i set up DLTCEP, and while I was able to see that both Ring of Freedom of Movement and the spell Freedom of Movement reference the same state (Free action, op code 418) - I can't seem to be able to disable the glowing effect, unless it's one of the several parameters that I can't make heads or tails of. Can anyone confirm that, indeed, I can't disable that white glow?

i set up DLTCEP, and while I was able to see that both Ring of Freedom of Movement and the spell Freedom of Movement reference the same state (Free action, op code 418) - I can't seem to be able to disable the glowing effect, unless it's one of the several parameters that I can't make heads or tails of. Can anyone confirm that, indeed, I can't disable that white glow?

I don't see anything listed in the IESDP that would be of use. Sounds like that one might be hardcoded. I checked Bless, though, and there's a promising-looking "visual spell hit" effect.

Archived