tweak pack/fixpack compatibility

Guest boulder4112

Guest boulder4112

Hey all,

I'm about to run BG II for the first time on my Mac (OSX 10.4). I updated the game to the latest version. I heard there's an inventory bug in the game fixed by the tweakpack. My question is, is the tweakpack compatible with the fixpack? Should one be installed before the other? it seems like both have good fixes that will make the game smoother and more enjoyable. Do they overlap or has one been superseded by the other? I'm sure a lot of you know these programs inside and out. Let me know-

- Dan

Hey all,

I'm about to run BG II for the first time on my Mac (OSX 10.4). I updated the game to the latest version. I heard there's an inventory bug in the game fixed by the tweakpack. My question is, is the tweakpack compatible with the fixpack? Should one be installed before the other? it seems like both have good fixes that will make the game smoother and more enjoyable. Do they overlap or has one been superseded by the other? I'm sure a lot of you know these programs inside and out. Let me know-

- Dan

These are completely separate and compatible mods. The Fixpack's main purpose is to fix things that are wrong with the game, while the Tweak Pack's main purpose is to provide additional levels of customisability, especially for players who've played the game previously. I won't say that you shouldn't use the Tweak Pack on your first playthrough (there are some nice tweaks :rolleyes:), but sometimes it's hard to know what tweaks you want without first experiencing the normal content.

The Fixpack should generally be installed before all other mods, and the Tweak Pack should generally be installed after all other mods, so you'll want to install the Fixpack first.

Archived