How do I play (BG2) with black sidebars ?

gsoda

Hi great mod so far, but...

...I'd actually prefer to play BG2 in it's old, native resolution of 640x480 on my LCD.

It just feels right to me and I don't mind the slight blurring that always occurs when you don't play in the native res. of your LCD.

With this mod I see waaay too much of the map and my NPCs are also way too small for my taste (the tiny inventory screen doesn't look good either).

Now I would play BG2 @ 640x480 but the vanilla version of the game stretches the image to fit my screen which is just unbearable on the eyes. Is there any way to play BG2 @640x480 with black sidebars on my LCD ? Does this mod somehow allow that ?

Guest carl

If you have NVIDIA - go to the NVIDIA control panel then go to Change flat panel scaling. Click 'use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio'. That should work.

My "widescreen" (it's rather small actually) has an option on it's remote (it's a tv with pc input) to change from Fullscreen to 4:3 ratio. If I didn't use the widescreen mod, I'd have to change my monitor's setting to 4:3 every time.

Perhaps your monitor has something similar... If not on a remote then buried within the menus somewhere.

Archived