Invisible Stalkers

kthxbye

Hi @ all! :crazyeyes:

I used SR & IR in some of my old installs and want to reintroduce them now, but in my old installs I had the Invisible Stalkers show up always as selectable and friendly, even when they should be red circled.

If I use SR v2.9, will it be fixed or I'll have to comment the Invisible Stalker spell and .cre resources from the tp2 file?

Thanks in advance! :) (And sorry if I don't test it myself, but using an install alone to check this out seems a bit of an overkill, since an install could take several hours.)

I've fixed it locally and it will be for V3, but it isn't for 2.9. Anyway fixing it locally should only be a matter of copying a few updated files in the override folder.

I'll check it right now, if I'm right I'll post here the "quickfix". :crazyeyes:

Edit:

Ok, done. I've edited the .cre file (stalke.cre) used by non-summoned stalkers (I think they're used only in BG1) to use SR's statistics but retain vanilla's "non-allied" state. The modified .eff (spstalke.eff) file now summons an "allied" version of the same creature (dvstalke.cre).

Note that this quickfix doesn't require a re-install, just put the three files in the override folder.

Archived