Mod Incompatibilities

Guest Sleipnir

Guest Sleipnir

Question. Is there a table which shows incompatibilities of mods available on G3? I doubt it would be made for all BG mods since there are so many, but I thought there might be one for the ones on G3. It would make my mod decisions, and I'm sure others as well, a lot quicker if we could see which mods had incompatibilities via a table, and perhaps a link to the readme zoomed into the explanation of incompatibilities.

Question. Is there a table which shows incompatibilities of mods available on G3? I doubt it would be made for all BG mods since there are so many, but I thought there might be one for the ones on G3. It would make my mod decisions, and I'm sure others as well, a lot quicker if we could see which mods had incompatibilities via a table, and perhaps a link to the readme zoomed into the explanation of incompatibilities.

There isn't really anything like that. In general, mods are coded (and re-coded) to be as compatible with other mods as they can be without compromising on conceptual goals. NPC mods are usually compatible with each other and everything else.

For the other stuff at G3, if installed in the proper order, I think pretty much everything should be technically compatible with each other unless they say otherwise. For conceptual differences, it's mostly up to the person installing to decide whether Component X from Mod A sounds like it would work with Component Y from Mod B. Be sure to check out mod readmes thoroughly beforehand so you can see what the authors have written about compatibility and so you know what you're getting into when installing various components.

Archived