Robe of Vecna/Larloch and refinements

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is probably a silly question but going by the readme the following is stated for the Revised HLA tables componenet of Refinements:

The following items will be slightly modified for reasons of balance and coherency: Cloack of Vecna (will give only -2 to spellcasting speed to Sorcerors, while still giving a full -4 to other classes), and the cloack of Montolio (which now gives +1 thac0 to primary and secondary hand, rather than +2 to secondary)

Refinements says it should be installed last, so I will be doing that, and thus IR will be before refinements and so i'm guessing I'll get their version of robe of vecna? (incidentally, they call it cloak of vecna...looks like a simple typo, but who knows, maybe they mean a different item after all).

I would prefer the one from IR with +2 casting speed for all.

I don't know if the above changes are optional in refinements, since that little excerpt is just tagged alongside the 'main' HLA revision component in the readme: It seems I get these changes of their's whether I want them or not.

If they are optional, or if someone else can tell me some other way to sort this out, it'd be much appreciated.

If they are optional, or if someone else can tell me some other way to sort this out, it'd be much appreciated.

If you use WinRAR to extract Refinements to your installation directory and then modify the following file before installing it, you should be able to disable the changes made by the HLA component to the Robe.

Open the file refinements/lib/hlab.tpa. Lines 1995-1215 deal with modifying the robe. Comment out (/* */) that section like so:

/*
// Robe of Vecna ~nerfed~ for sorcerers. Code by the_bigg.

COPY_EXISTING ~wa2robe.itm~ ~override~
READ_LONG 0x6a offeff
READ_SHORT 0x6e offequipeff
READ_SHORT 0x70 countequipeff
WRITE_SHORT 0x70 countequipeff + 1
SET myeffoff = offeff + offequipeff * 0x30
INSERT_BYTES myeffoff 0x30
WRITE_SHORT myeffoff 0xb1
WRITE_BYTE myeffoff + 2 1
WRITE_BYTE myeffoff + 3 1
WRITE_LONG myeffoff + 4 19
WRITE_LONG myeffoff + 8 5
WRITE_BYTE myeffoff + 0xc 2
WRITE_BYTE myeffoff + 0x12 100
WRITE_ASCII myeffoff + 0x14 ~TB#VECNA~
SAY DESC @437

COPY ~refinements/Hlab/Sorcerer/tb#vecna.eff~ ~override~
*/

I think that the bigg is in the process of updating some of his mods, so I'll see if he might be able to add some IR compatibility checks to the various item patches in Refinements.

Archived