SCSII-Scripts

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, this might be a stupid question...

I reset an installation with a lot of mods (by copying back the data folder, override folder, chitin.key etc. etc. Everything worked fine.

Than I started to install some mods. When I installed the SCSII Ease of Use player script, I got several parse errors, but it was installed successfully. Afterwards I found out that the script was aviable, but also all the other (mod) scripts from my old installation. And, what acutally is the problem, now the SCSII scipt causes an immense lag, despite biffing etc., what it did not do before (when I dod not have parse errors).

My questions are now:

1. How many 0DW#gen.bs files should be in the scripts folder (I just found)? I have one 0DW#gen.bs (54 KB) and a 0DW#gen1.bs (19KB). Should there be two? I mean the script I can choose in the game does not work properly (causing an extreme lag...), so maybe I could get rid of 0DW#gen.bs (54 KB) and rename 0DW#gen1.bs (19KB)? Do they have the proper size at all?

2. Do I actually have to install the script or can I simply copy it into the proper folder? (in that case I could simply delede both... Would be great if this is possible, although I do not expect it... I cannot re-install anymore due to biffing etc.)

Guest Guest

Just found out the the Detect Spells-Component is essential for the Ease of Use AI...

If the component is not installed, parse-errors in regard to Chaotic Commands and Protection from Evil take place... Well you probably knew this and I learned something (although it is actually hinted at in the ReadMe). Well, I do not really understand why it is only about these two spells (or why it is about these two spells at all)... But anyway, problem solved.

Well, if I install a NPC mod afterwards, can the NPC use the AI without problems?

And I wanted to say that it is a great mod, thanks a lot. :) You don't want to do this for Icewind Dale I or II? :grin:

Just found out the the Detect Spells-Component is essential for the Ease of Use AI...

If the component is not installed, parse-errors in regard to Chaotic Commands and Protection from Evil take place... Well you probably knew this and I learned something (although it is actually hinted at in the ReadMe). Well, I do not really understand why it is only about these two spells (or why it is about these two spells at all)... But anyway, problem solved.

That makes sense. I ought to flag it more explicitly in the mod itself - basically DS is required for more or less everything, which I ought to enforce.

Well, if I install a NPC mod afterwards, can the NPC use the AI without problems?

Yep, just assign them the script.

And I wanted to say that it is a great mod, thanks a lot. :)

Thanks! - glad you like it.

You don't want to do this for Icewind Dale I or II? :grin:

In principle, yes (for IWD1, it would more likely be for the port of IWD to BG2, when that gets working). In practice, realistically I think it's unlikely that I'll find the time.

it would more likely be for the port of IWD to BG2

Do you have a link for that? Sounds very interesting.

Well, and that you might not have the time for SCSIII ist quite understandable. If Icewind Dale would be part of BG2, many components of SCSII (general AI, better sorcerers etc.) would work anyway, I guess...

it would more likely be for the port of IWD to BG2

Do you have a link for that? Sounds very interesting.

IWD-in-BG2, on this site. But don't hold your breath.

Well, and that you might not have the time for SCSIII ist quite understandable. If Icewind Dale would be part of BG2, many components of SCSII (general AI, better sorcerers etc.) would work anyway, I guess...

Up to a point, yes, though for various reasons it's fiddlier than you might think.

Archived