bug with bonus cd merchants

Guest newuser01

Guest newuser01

Hi!

I used Item Revisions for the first time and some strange bugs occured. The two bonus cd merchants (Julov and Adv. market woman) have strange items. Julov has only +2 weapons of all sorts, nowhere the Scarlet ninja-to, Defender of Eastheaven and the other cool stuff. In the Adv. market the Mercykiller Ring, Sensate Amulet, Harm. Halberd is missing. A new item is here, the Cloack of Balduran (+1AC, +10% MR)The Robe of Vecna is moved via SCSII to ToB, but instead an another robe is there, with -2 spell casting ability. Is these things intended in Item Rev. or these are bugs? Sorry for my bad english.

Hi!

I used Item Revisions for the first time and some strange bugs occured. The two bonus cd merchants (Julov and Adv. market woman) have strange items. Julov has only +2 weapons of all sorts, nowhere the Scarlet ninja-to, Defender of Eastheaven and the other cool stuff. In the Adv. market the Mercykiller Ring, Sensate Amulet, Harm. Halberd is missing. A new item is here, the Cloack of Balduran (+1AC, +10% MR)The Robe of Vecna is moved via SCSII to ToB, but instead an another robe is there, with -2 spell casting ability. Is these things intended in Item Rev. or these are bugs? Sorry for my bad english.

Hi. This sounds like intended behaviour. Demi will be able to explain more about the conceptual reasons why some things are moved from the shops to other locations and why some are currently no longer available in-game.

Regarding the Robe of Vecna (named Robe of Larloch in IR), if you follow the recommended install order of IR's main component before SCS II, then the robe should be moved properly. (In the future, I think we'd like to move it to the same spot SCS II does, but to do that, SCS II will need to add some sort of compatibility to make sure the guy doesn't end up with two robes.)

Hi!

Hi. This sounds like intended behaviour. Demi will be able to explain more about the conceptual reasons why some things are moved from the shops to other locations and why some are currently no longer available in-game.
This is intended behaviour yes. The reasons behind this change are rather simple for me:

- bonus merchants are immersion breaking and out of place

- some of their items are balance breaking or ridiculously powerful (e.g. Robe of Vecna, Defender of Easthaven, etc)

- most of their items have no background at all, a really poor concept, no unique appearance (they stole other pre existing item's bams)

Anyway, many of their items (those with a decent concept, and the fan-favourite ones) are still available available within IR, though generally highly revised:

- all these items now use unique bams

- most of these items now have a decent background (and sooner or later all of them will)

- overpowered items have been slightly nerfed (e.g. Robe of Vecna now grants only -2 to casting speed)

Regarding the Robe of Vecna (named Robe of Larloch in IR), if you follow the recommended install order of IR's main component before SCS II, then the robe should be moved properly. (In the future, I think we'd like to move it to the same spot SCS II does, but to do that, SCS II will need to add some sort of compatibility to make sure the guy doesn't end up with two robes.)
I forgot about reminding this to David now that he's working on SCSII. Yes I'd like to have compatibility on this matter. The new places David chose for the Robe of Vecna/Larloch and Vhailor's Helm are very good imo. I don't like much instead where he put the Cloak of Mirroring.

I dont know if it is a bug or just part of the set bonus well in this case it would not be a bonus but I just gambled 2 pieces of the Fade to Black set Fall from grace ring and Redemption denied amulet and the set bonus for wearing those 2 items is: -3 to expierence gained ...........

I dont know if it is a bug or just part of the set bonus well in this case it would not be a bonus but I just gambled 2 pieces of the Fade to Black set Fall from grace ring and Redemption denied amulet and the set bonus for wearing those 2 items is: -3 to expierence gained ...........
Ehm...I don't know what you're talking about, but surely those items have nothing to do with IR. ???

Archived