Offhand Weapon Swap

plainab

I've finally got something that I'm comfortable with which will allow the player to put away their offhand weapon or shield so that they can use a ranged weapon and vice versa.

It is available for public examination, ridicule, and the like.

You will find a brief description and the download at my website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/index.htm

If you wish, you may also sign up to use the forum page available on my website to post any comments regarding this little mod.

Hi Plainab/Sasha, I am intrigued by this mod. Has any further work been done on it since the latest update, in August? Are there any outstanding mod conflicts that you are aware of?

One specific question about the latest release: the .readme file says that one effect of this mod is that all "affected" weapons have their lore value set to zero. What qualifies as an "affected" weapon here? Wouldn't all one-handed weapons and all bows be affected by this? Does that mean that all such items now have a lore value of zero?

Thanks!

Hi Plainab/Sasha, I am intrigued by this mod. Has any further work been done on it since the latest update, in August? Are there any outstanding mod conflicts that you are aware of?
I have not done any further testing or work on this mod.

One specific question about the latest release: the .readme file says that one effect of this mod is that all "affected" weapons have their lore value set to zero. What qualifies as an "affected" weapon here? Wouldn't all one-handed weapons and all bows be affected by this? Does that mean that all such items now have a lore value of zero?

Thanks!

its hard to explain really. I tried my best in the readme. Bascially, here is the deal: while the item can be created in a new slot it becomes no longer identified, thus causing the player all kinds of grief and in some cases the player may not have access to special abilities because the item is not identified. The only solution was to change lore value to 0. So bows, crossbows, one handed weapons and shields would have their lore changed. At this time, I don't remember if slings and such one handed projectile weapons were affected. You will have to examine this in game.

If you use the tweak pack option which causes all items in game to be identified, then you will have no lore issues whatsoever. My solution was for those who choose not to use that tweak pack option.

Does this help? Or have I made things worse?

Yup, that answers my question, thanks. You explained it very clearly originally; I just wasn't sure if you meant that your mod changed all such items' lore values to 0, permanently and from the getgo, or if the mod left the original items as they were but created new versions of the items upon being swapped in and out, versions that were identical in all respects to the original item except with lore values of 0.

(I suppose the latter would fix the lore issue, but would require you to write a second copy of each and every such weapon in the game, which would be annoying beyond end. I was just curious if that is what you had done.)

Thanks!

Archived