Anomen Romance Bug (w. Cheats)

Guest RobinHood70

Guest RobinHood70

Using v7 of the Tweakpack (sorry, never made it to v8, but I don't see any record of this being fixed in the log), it seems there's still a bug with Anomen's romance when Romance Cheats are enabled and the primary character is male. AnomenMatch is never set because BALDUR.BCS still contains a gender check. This causes the initial dialog to take the wrong path, leaving the romance partially activated, essentially blocking all Anomen-related quests from proceeding. (In a save shortly after he joined, I had AnomenRomanceActive = 1, but Anomen's LoveTalk variable remained uninitialized, causing the various checks for the Anomen's Sister quest to fail.)

If Anomen is kicked out and rejoins, AnomenRomance gets set, but the LoveTalk variable remains uninitialized and therefore everything remains stuck.

I was able to get the quest working by either going back to an earlier save and manually setting AnomentMatch to 1 or by adding LoveTalk to Anomen.

Just thought I'd let you guys know for v9. :thumbsup:

Guest RobinHood70
I was able to get the quest working by either going back to an earlier save and manually setting AnomentMatch to 1 or by adding LoveTalk to Anomen.

Just to clarify, that should've read "going back to an earlier save and manually setting AnomenMatch to 1 or by adding LoveTalk to Anomen and setting it to 1 after he's joined, been kicked, and re-joined." I suspect if you only want to have him join once, you can probably add LoveTalk to Anomen and then add AnomenRomance to globals (and for ease of use, set it to 1 too, which should trigger an immediate activation) to get the same effect, but I never actually tested that variation.

I'm resurrecting this thread because it's just happened to me again, and I've traced through most of why it happens...or at least a little more than last time.

There's a check in Anomen.DLG's initial convo options to see if you're a match for Anomen. If you're same-gendered, the check fails because the override that Tweak Pack installs only occurs after he joins. So no romance. (This is the new part.)

You can partially fix this by having him leave and re-join, which sets everything but the LoveTalk variable. I'm not sure why that one fails, but I'm guessing it has something to do with being a local instead of a global.

Archived