Some quick questions...

MrHell

I've never installed this mod before so I'm wondering if someone could answer some questions for me.

- Is the enemy AI optimised to use these new spells in both BG1 Tutu, and BG2?

- Do they work alongside SCS 1&2?

- Can characters with these new spells still be imported from one game to the other? (provided spell revisions are installed on both of course).

Thanks in advance... I've been checking out the spell list, I can't wait to give them a try.

I've never installed this mod before so I'm wondering if someone could answer some questions for me.

- Is the enemy AI optimised to use these new spells in both BG1 Tutu, and BG2?

- Do they work alongside SCS 1&2?

- Can characters with these new spells still be imported from one game to the other? (provided spell revisions are installed on both of course).

- sort of. If you have SCSI and/or SCSII installed they do take SR into account (especially SCS for BG1), if you haven't SCS installed then the AI will still use SR spells but not in a "optimised" way.

- indeed, recent versions of both SR and SCS do take into account each other.

- I don't know, some other players may help you out here...bt I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Thanks in advance... I've been checking out the spell list, I can't wait to give them a try.
And I can't wait to have some more feedback! :) Jokes aside it's always great to see more and more SR users. :)

Thanks for your quick response.

Maybe 'optimised' was the wrong word to use. What I mean is, will the AI use the new/changed spells? or just ignore them.

And would you recommend SR with or without SCS?I'm looking for whatever combination would have the enemies using the spells most 'naturally'.

And lastly... are the scrolls for the new spells integrated well into the game? Can I find them as random loot and in stores? Also, will they be randomised with the item randomiser mods?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure SR is going to be as awesome as it looks.

Maybe 'optimised' was the wrong word to use. What I mean is, will the AI use the new/changed spells? or just ignore them.
Vanilla AI used very few spells, and it will still use the same ones. SR in very few cases replaces some spells with new ones, but other than that you'll see the same ones.

And would you recommend SR with or without SCS?I'm looking for whatever combination would have the enemies using the spells most 'naturally'.
I recommend SR with SCS, but it can work well alone too.

And lastly... are the scrolls for the new spells integrated well into the game? Can I find them as random loot and in stores? Also, will they be randomised with the item randomiser mods?
I think there are only two new scrolls (Dimension Door and Ghostform), they are not available in random loots, but they should be available in few stores.

I don'know how they work with Item Randomiser Mod.

Vanilla AI used very few spells, and it will still use the same ones. SR in very few cases replaces some spells with new ones, but other than that you'll see the same ones.
As DavidW has said about half a year ago, "vanilla AI, gods bless it, is sufficiently stupid for all of these changes to just roll over it".
As DavidW has said about half a year ago, "vanilla AI, gods bless it, is sufficiently stupid for all of these changes to just roll over it".

So... basically SR is best with SCS?

Vanilla AI is equally stupid with or without SR.

SCS AI is equally smarter with ot without SR.

So the question is whether you want to have SR and whether you want better AI. People want SR+SCS because they like both mods, not because these mods work better together than alone.

Archived