Beta testing Alternatives v 0.3

berelinde

"Alternatives" offers two new ways to get to Spellhold, in addition to working for the Shadow Thieves or Bodhi.

It all starts after Valen and Brus have made their appearances.

The "paladin" route begins the first time the PC enters the Govenment District after speaking with Valen and Brus. He overhears a conversation between two well-known public figures, and is visited by a messenger a short time later summoning him to the Five Flagon Inn. It offers a moral choice for PCs dissatisfied with the necessity of choosing the lesser of two evils.

The "assassin" route begins when the PC finds a brightly-dressed person near the entrance to the Slums. It offers a break from all the do-gooding the "pragmatic" PC normally has to endure. The PC can change his mind and pursue one of the other routes at any time prior to accepting the final quest.

The mod has been through alpha testing. In other words, I ran the whole thing through on my computer, the quests ran through to completion, none of the cutscenes hung, and my computer did not burst into flames. That doen't mean it couldn't use a little polish (finding typos, fixing XP rewards), nor does it mean that it's entirely safe on a mega installation.

If you're interested in helping out with the beta testing, please send me a PM for the download link.

Archived