Homecoming

Azhrei

It's possible to use the BWP's recommended install order without using ALL the mods in it :D (atleast that's how I do it :()

You just have to download what mods you want from the BWP linklist and manually extract them to your BGII-SoA folder. Then make sure you download the BWP Installpack and Fixpack (grab the beta) from here (grab the guide from my sig if you really wanna get into the BWP ;)) and extract them in the same folder.

Once everything's extracted, just run the BiG World install.bat (from the installpack), answer a few easy questions, and you're all set :) It'll install whatever you have extracted at the time in the recommended order! (choose Expert if you wanna install ALL the mods you've extracted :hm:)

Just make sure to get these mods :p (they're essential, not content stuff) ... everything else is optional :hm:

1) BG2Fixpack (ABSOLUTE MUST!)

2) BGT (not essential ... but it's a mod I personally am awed by ??? ... essential if you own BGI-TotSC)

3) Creature Fixer (prevents crashes)

4) Widescreen mod (another non-essential ESSENTIAL mod ???)

5) Generalized Biffing (solves stutter issues)

6) Taimon's ToB Hacks (speechless)

Like the other dudes/dudettes pointed out, the BWP isn't essential for a megamodded game, but it lets you install complex stuff like BP without the hassles of load orders and stuff (with the latest fixes) :p

Archived