BGT on Mac?

Guest maeks84

Guest maeks84

I was wondering if it was possible to install and play Baldur's Gate Trilogy on the Mac? I tried to install it using weidu-mac, but it fails, seemingly because it cannot locate the Baldur's Gate I folder. Which in turn seems to be because a Mac cannot run batch files...

You might want to check over at the BGT forum at SHS.

AFAIK, the mod currently only supports Windows installations, but some people have had luck modifying it to work on Linux. I don't think there's anything the mod does that would prohibit Mac/Linux versions from becoming available in the future if someone were to do the work necessary to convert it.

Guest maeks84

Well, that sounds hopeful anyway. Thanks.

I found on the Spellhold site a topic about running BGT in Linux. I'll play around some using VirtualBox and Linux and see what I can figure out.

I do have one more question though. When the BGT installer talks about a complete BG1 install, what exactly does that mean? I can make the BG1 and TotSC full installs using the TutuAssistant, but they are in separate directories. One has Baldur's Gate in it and the other has Tales of the Sword Coast. Which one should I refer the installer to? If the TotSC directory, do I need to change the name to Baldur's Gate?

Archived