Importing Characters to BGII

Guest shoe

Just finished Tutu and wanted to import the character into BGII, but the character file is not showing up anywhere. I can import it into a new Tutu game, but can't find it anywhere in the program files (I've shown hidden files to no avail). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Guest Guest

That's because you can't export a character file to BG2. You have to copy a savegame from TuTu into your BG2 saves folder, then import your character from the save. Also, the Pocket Plane Group forums would be a better place to ask this, as they host TUTU.

Just finished Tutu and wanted to import the character into BGII, but the character file is not showing up anywhere. I can import it into a new Tutu game, but can't find it anywhere in the program files (I've shown hidden files to no avail). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well, there are two ways:

1) load the final save, and export the CHR, then copy the .CHR file to the BG2 directory

2) just copy the whole save folder to the BG2 save folder.

Then, you can import at character creation.

In the future, you might be more comfortable with the Big Picture, which has a more seamless transition.

Archived