[OS X] CTD on rest with TDD installed

ericp07

Hello,

The mods I've installed for BGII - SoA/ToB under Mac OS X (10.4.11 on a PPC G4 Quicksilver) are: BG2 Fixpack, 1PP ("everything but potions" component), Item Revisions, and The Darkest Day. Before I installed TDD, I could rest the party anywhere the game normally lets a party rest, with no errors. After installing TDD, however, every attempt to rest the party (and no matter how many times I reload the game), I get a crash to desktop :) This clearly renders the game unplayable as it is now. This happens in Chapter 2; in Chapter 1, I could rest as needed without errors.

I booted from OS 9.2.2, just to see if that would make a difference (because I get fewer crashes under that OS), but I got the same result, with a message of an assertion failure in line 1536. Sound familiar?

I've been told that failure is due to a buggy spell or item (and have seen references in forums to that effect), so I'm hoping there's a remedy for this problem. Under OS X, when I get an error message on-screen after the crash, usually it's Thread 7 that crashed. I posted the same message in another thread on these forums, when I was getting the CTD immediately after launching the game:

CTD on launching BGII

I applied Nythrun's Fix and testo.tp2, but neither of these fixed the problem. Please help! I have NearInfinity handy, if needed to find what's corrupted, and I'm not afraid to go tinkering with mod files or to use the Terminal, if need be.

Thanks,

Eric

Well, my new test game indicates that this issue might be corrected now, but play continues. I just posted about it in the thread at SHS. Should the problem arise again, I'll ask/beg for assistance :)

Thanks,

Eric

Archived