Does "Nothing Kills Romances" apply to kicked-out (and rejoined) characters?

Lochlann

Hi all, quick question about the "Nothing Kills Romances" aspect of the BG2TweakPack mod. I understand that this was designed to allow multiple romances to proceed concurrently, but does it also allow a romance to survive the separation of the two lovers? :) I'm finding space in the party to be at a premium, and I'd love to try out all the various NPC combinations...but I don't want to kill my flowering romance(s). I'd especially love to bench Aerie for a while, and still be able to wrap up that romance later on.

If this functionality is not part of this mod, does anyone know of a mod that features it?

Thanks!

In the vanilla game, Aerie's romance, Anomen's romance, and Viconia's romance will terminate if they are out of the party for more than three days.

This is the "no kill" script for keeping Aerie's relationship alive.

IF

InParty(Myself)

GlobalLT("LoveTalk","LOCALS",36)

!Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

Continue()

END

IF

InParty(Myself)

GlobalGT("LoveTalk","LOCALS",35)

!Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

Continue()

END

So yeah, it looks like you'll be able to keep romances alive whether you boot them or not.

In the vanilla game, Jaheira's romance will end *any* time Jaheira is out of the party, even if she dies in battle. Just so you know.

Yup, she hints at that pretty broadly. Heh. I assume that's covered by this mod too...? Not as big an issue, 'cause I don't see myself ditching Jaheira. Thanks again!

Archived