Taking another crack at my mod

ericp07

I should probably use the same designation for the custom creature I'll be introducing with this mod: the Beast of Malar. I got the beast to work before, but had to use the panther (or leopard? or spotted lion?) animation for it, colored black. I'll have to find out if some kind soul out there would be willing and able to customize such an animation to give it a blood-red muzzle and front paws.
I would just use the black panther animation (MGCP at 0x7f0a) for now. Eventually, you could ask someone in the Infinity Animations forum to port the NWN Beast of Malar (c_cat_mpanth.mdl).

bmalar.gif

You might want to wait on that until your mod gets closer to completion, because someone probably doesn't want to convert something that's only going to end up in a yaum (yet another unfinished mod :down:).

Erephine's the only person I know of who currently does this sort of work and she hasn't been around much lately (though I have her notes and might take a stab at it in exchange for a copy of 3ds Max ???).

I agree...and I have every intention of getting this mod to go live, even if I initially release only a joinable NPC, and add a quest later. Part of me wants to do it that way, and another part of me wants to put everything together and release all at once. Ideally, there should be some ToB content, something that will make it interesting enough to keep the NPC in the party yet won't conflict with the required tasks of ToB. I want to include a quest--not sure yet at what point in the game it should occur--in which Hinaeariel and company must complete an important task involving some dark Malarite purpose, the greatest tangible reward being a special scimitar that is bane to all Malarites.

I like the Beast of Malar picture you posted, but yes, initially I'll use what's already in the game, as it works well enough. I will want to see if it's possible to write some code that gives a percentage chance that the Beast of Malar will appear in any given wilderness area. It would attack any non-evil ranger, druid, or natural animal within range, and should probably move about the map area where it spawns, to simulate hunting.

Yeah...stuff like that :p A nice, cautiously friendly ranger who is fascinated by new people of all sorts, who stands against destruction of nature (she likes being a trail guide, partly to make sure folks don't go wandering about the wilderness, causing too much grief for the flora and fauna). She's no demigod, but operates with some sort of special blessing from Mielikki.

Is there such a thing as pre-alpha status? If so, that's probably where I am now...

Thanks,

Eric

Archived